P.O.S. VHF Mill and CADBLU SUCKS!!! I know more technical stuff then they do.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
Going on 4 years with the mini ,no issues at all, while Jensen is a sponsor here I would never ever say anything bad about them. I just prefer the CAM from Wieland rather than VHF so I again would go with Ivoclar.

We use 3shape in my lab
John, i think from what i've seen you have the updated CAM for the Mini. I would buy it with the basic CAM. Warranty is 2 yrs. Did you have mechanical issues in the 4 yrs, how about that touch plate everybody is complaining about on VHF mill. Adrian.
Going on 4 years with the mini ,no issues at all, while Jensen is a sponsor here I would never ever say anything bad about them. I just prefer the CAM from Wieland rather than VHF so I again would go with Ivoclar.

We use 3shape in my lab

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have updated the mini with a spindle amplifier to get around the touch plate issues I have replaced the touch plate 1 time and "planed" it once. Its a solid machine.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I have the Jensen Preciso and have loved it. I use a 3shape. I'm getting the best margins and fit I'ver ever experienced with it. I don't like the touch plate issues though. I've been following cleaning protocols which is said should reduce the amount of errors but I'm probably going to have to change out the touch plate in a month or two I bet. Other than that, it's wonderful.

A

AdrianB

Reaction score
I've been running my mini for a couple of years now. Zero issues. Run it everyday for most of the day and occasionally at night. It has a different design for the case. The CAM and strategies that come with it are a huge difference and a positive one.
Hi there did you get the mini from Ivoclar? Doe's it have basic CAM or advanced ? Thanks, Adrian

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have the Jensen Preciso and have loved it. I use a 3shape. I'm getting the best margins and fit I'ver ever experienced with it. I don't like the touch plate issues though. I've been following cleaning protocols which is said should reduce the amount of errors but I'm probably going to have to change out the touch plate in a month or two I bet. Other than that, it's wonderful.
When you start getting a divot on the touch plate, just call tech support and have them move the touch to a different spot.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I purchased a new touch plate after a year. Just for the heck of it. They were cheap. Never had any issues so far. Wasn't having issues when I bought the touch plate. I'm running basic CAM right now. I do manually cut in some anatomy. Waiting to get full blown DS with new mill. Then I will run .3

A

andydentec

Reaction score
So is anyone else having this many issues with your VHF mill? EZ mill, Master mill, Wieland Mini, Bruxir mill etc............? I have already run through both the touch off plates due to broken burs and re-milling the touch off plate, a 170.00 sierra 1mm tool just caused my latest re-mill on the third touch off plate, and I am about to go to the fourth one I haven't yet ordered!

After every mill I dust off the touch off area clearing it from and left over ZR, PMMA or Wax, chuck maintenance once a week. And yet some how this P.O.S. mill finds a way to divit the touch off plate causing me to re-mill it. In a weeks period I already have re-mill the touch off plate twice and re-calibrated the mill.

CadBlu couldn't even answer my question as to what the Node Diameter in the settings panel adjusted. They can't even figure out why and only in PMMA does the bur dig into the connects and run threw the margin where the connectors are.

It seems like I have to fully clean this mill ever time I cut something in it. I clean off the touch off point for sure but give me a break I had a DWX-50 and an iMes 340 running non stop all day long wax, pmma and ZR and not one single issue. No but his little crap box need more babying then a new born baby. FML!!!

Just curious to see if any one else hates this mill!!!

phew....................

Sevan
So is anyone else having this many issues with your VHF mill? EZ mill, Master mill, Wieland Mini, Bruxir mill etc............? I have already run through both the touch off plates due to broken burs and re-milling the touch off plate, a 170.00 sierra 1mm tool just caused my latest re-mill on the third touch off plate, and I am about to go to the fourth one I haven't yet ordered!

After every mill I dust off the touch off area clearing it from and left over ZR, PMMA or Wax, chuck maintenance once a week. And yet some how this P.O.S. mill finds a way to divit the touch off plate causing me to re-mill it. In a weeks period I already have re-mill the touch off plate twice and re-calibrated the mill.

CadBlu couldn't even answer my question as to what the Node Diameter in the settings panel adjusted. They can't even figure out why and only in PMMA does the bur dig into the connects and run threw the margin where the connectors are.

It seems like I have to fully clean this mill ever time I cut something in it. I clean off the touch off point for sure but give me a break I had a DWX-50 and an iMes 340 running non stop all day long wax, pmma and ZR and not one single issue. No but his little crap box need more babying then a new born baby. FML!!!

Just curious to see if any one else hates this mill!!!

phew....................

Sevan
I was having the same problem. I was going through touch off plates when the bur would Bury in halfway down the plate. After trial and error I put some dielectric grease on the underside of the touch plate with out using the lock washer. It has made a big difference so far. It just allows it to have that electric contact between the plate and the holder. I also added another ground contact from inside the shroud(my mill has two ground clips on the inside.)to metal conduit on the electrical box. So far I barely have a scratch on the touch off plate. Don't put too much Dielectric grease because everything will stick to it in areas that it squirts out of.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I was going through touch off plates when the bur would Bury in halfway down the plate. After trial and error I put some dielectric grease on the underside of the touch plate with out using the lock washer. It has made a big difference so far. It just allows it to have that electric contact between the plate and the holder. I also added another ground contact from inside the shroud(my mill has two ground clips on the inside.)to metal conduit on the electrical box. So far I barely have a scratch on the touch off plate. Don't put too much Dielectric grease because everything will stick to it in areas that it squirts out of.
Nice first post Sir!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There is also high dielectric tape which will work without collecting dust as grease does. I used to use frequently when fixing copiers. The 'cheaper' stuff would handle up to around a few kvdc before breakdown.

Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have since gotten rid of that cad Blu mill. I have a master mill from talladium, and no issues with mill, I have put the signal booster on it, run extra ground wires, sand blasted the contact area under the touch off plate, and where the blank holder meets the a axis motor. There is also keeping the bottom side of the spindle clean around the chuck. I have tried Vaseline and that only made it worse cause it attracted all the zr dust. Also before each cut I clean the tops of the boys off the with brush to rid the powder.

Every 4 to6 months I give the mill a good cleaning with electric cleaner and blow all the dust off the motherboard and access motors.

Now I have a S1 and a K5 on the way so the 4 axis now becomes a wax pmma mill where it will run forever with out an issue.

But I do like the dielectric grease idea!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i must say, i am VERY dissatisfied with CadBlu too. they pitch a good game, but for customer service and knowing....well, anything after the sale.....they fall far short of any reasonable expectations. honestly, i dont know how they even stay competitive in the market. guess maybe they arent, i am hearing more and more nightmare stories.
ok, i will go ahead and just say it...they flat out lied multiple times. and when it came down to addressing the lied, i got a big "oh well"

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have updated the mini with a spindle amplifier to get around the touch plate issues I have replaced the touch plate 1 time and "planed" it once. Its a solid machine.

What is a Spindle Amplifier? Enquiring minds and all that

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What is a Spindle Amplifier? Enquiring minds and all that

Its a bandaid, it ups the voltage from the mainboard for the touch plate. The mainboard will eventually fail, this retrofit gives it some more life. My little mini still mills like new nearly 5 years later, the touch plate is the weak link on this design, should of went with something mechanical

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
The good news is that VHF I releasing a new 4axis with a mechanical touch off, soon to follow by a conversion kit to change the electric touch off tomechanical.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
i had not heard this, will it require a new main board to accommodate it?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
commodore c 64 with windows 10

Last edited: