P.O.S. VHF Mill and CADBLU SUCKS!!! I know more technical stuff then they do.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
The Problem is the length control i have the same problem i have every 3 month a hole one times you can plan it than you have to change the plate , recalibration is in both cases needed. My mill goes now the third time back to the factory because during calibration their was a spindel crash. The dust extraction must be although at the front side because the air is pushing the dust that way and electrostatic charging during pmma milling is the second problem so all the dust is inside and if their are particles on the measuring plate the spindel has to push harder to get contact the hole gets deeper and deeper.Most of the burs come from VHF the others a just reseller the wieland from emuge i think , you can try accurata but not the 0,6 its a miss construction(to long to thin) most guys use the burs with the vhf software thats limited for the schorter neck ( collision control ).Their was a problem with height controll and ermergency button after updating from an VHF guy on times the engine goes back onother time i fixed it by my own and so on. To say it with the bangels just a nother manic monday.Never ever a system with that kind of height control its bull... a microswitch cost maybe 200 Euro and a closed workspace where the elektronic is complete encapsulated like imes its the same price .Construction by .... like two times toolchanger .... all bull...

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Just a small case to show what 4 axis can do with the right software and tools ,ill think all can see this part ( PV) can never be placed in the mouth without prep some parts of the stumps but it can be milled on 4 axis . But not with two tools and not with standard software for the lovely customer which is so easy to use.Load tell you and sell any garbage you are the boss you pay the bill.

Undercut.jpg Undercut.jpg Undercut 1.jpg occlusal.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Some guys asked me whats the problem with nesting and milling if John Wilson is ready for an experiment its easier to show he has the same engine but another camsoftware.So John if you are ready for a short experiment i load up the bridge file and you make a simulation and we look what happens.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Send me the STL I am sure I can mill that one NO problem

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
There are definitely differences within the enclosures between the distributors of that particular machine. Wieland seems to have the best "protective" enclosure for the electronics etc..

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
John when you say advanced cam is that a brand name of software or an advanced version of nthe weiland software?
We mill about 100 units of ZI a week on this little mill , we have never replaced anything other than burs. Never calibrated since day one, have about 20 months on this little machine with absolutely no issues. We are running advanced cam and pushing the limits of this mill PAST what most are doing with it. It rocks! I would buy it again in a heart beat! We are exceedingly anal about cleaning and make sure our vacuum is running optimally. I just find it hard to believe that MY machine is that much more different than the guys that are having every conceivable issue that is driving them nuts.

It seems very confusing to me.

I am excitedly shopping for a 5x mill to do other more complex cases faster and a with a bit less tweaking that I have to do today.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
its the DS software with post prozessor for the vhf 4k2 in standard and advanced version. Standard normal strategies , advance you can create your own by changing standard strategies and painter to select areas.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Undercuts.jpg Undercuts.jpg1.jpg Strategie.jpg Strategie 2.jpg Undercut 1.jpg The fotos show whats happened by milling stl constructions with different slide-in-devices its part of camsoftware,nesting,strategie,axis and tools the marked areas are non milled happened by only changing one of the enumerated factors and on 4 ax mills this is a special part of the camsoftware.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There are different insertion angles set for this case it appears, I nested it and calculating it right now just for fun doing nothing to see what happens I'll take some screen shots and let you know what I see. I am anticipating an error of NO PATH but I have a work around for it :) I'll let you know when its done calculating its been chugging along for 6 min and its at 65%

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
11min38sec to render it with this cam with no modification. Drag and drop :)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Whats with non reached areas lingual and mesial.The foto from distal to mesial i miss

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Is there anybody out milling hard nem with his vhf ?????

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Learned something interesting about the touch plate conductivity issue: The screws that hold the puck/block holder on our VHF machines- regardless of reseller- have some sort of powder coating on them. In some machines it blocks the conductivity of the bur-touch plate combo. On many others it came off during the seating of the screws making either partial or complete contact, resulting in no problems whatever (like mine). Mine came from Jensen, and since some of their units had touch plate issues similar to those above, they sent out 2 replacement plates with new screws and a wrench to tighten them at no charge.
So far this unit is great for my use. Like John, I keep it clean and it does what I expect. BTW, rumor has it that there are a few trade show demo units available from Jensen at deep discounts for anyone looking.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
4.2.3 CNC infringe surveying surveying tool to circle around the measuring point they know the problem believe me but nothing to read in the english version now because its to new.

But still anybody milling real hard stuff nem on it ?????

Attachments

• Versionsdoku_D.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Versionsdoku_E.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 6
A

AdrianB

Reaction score
I love my Weiland mill, not one problem with it since I installed it. It just works,

Sorry you are having so many issues
John, how long have you had the mini. What scanner are you using. What doo you think of the deal from Jensen. Preciso scanner and VHF mill . $39K. I think the mini has 2 years warranty. Thks. Adrian.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Going on 4 years with the mini ,no issues at all, while Jensen is a sponsor here I would never ever say anything bad about them. I just prefer the CAM from Wieland rather than VHF so I again would go with Ivoclar.

We use 3shape in my lab

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I've been running my mini for a couple of years now. Zero issues. Run it everyday for most of the day and occasionally at night. It has a different design for the case. The CAM and strategies that come with it are a huge difference and a positive one.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Going on 4 years with the mini ,no issues at all, while Jensen is a sponsor here I would never ever say anything bad about them. I just prefer the CAM from Wieland rather than VHF so I again would go with Ivoclar.

We use 3shape in my lab
100000000% agree. Ours have been running strong for at least 16-20hrs/day, 6 days a week, for years now. Love the Wieland CAM software!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Would someone enlighten me please...

What differences would i notice comparing the Jensen and Wieland CAMs?