Ozone Trays

C

Cd ortho

Reaction score
Ive had a doctor ask i for ozone trays. Has anyone made these before? If so, what are the steps you used to make this. From my understanding its made from 4mm mouthguard with a good seal all the way around, but there is a void all around the teeth where the gas can travel.

Jim

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
If the DDS is referring to Carbamide peroxide (CH6N2O3),percarbamide, sometimes know as bleaching trays. U do a suckdown.

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Doug that is a cool link, I have an ozonator in my fridge for the same purpose (that & it gets the kimche smell out). & a large ozonator 5,000 mg/hr that I obtained to get mold out of behind some walls & in some cabinets, (ran it thru the air ducts a few times too. I left the furnace fan running and left the house for a day.
I'm almost afraid to forward that to some DDS, It looks like a custom tray with silicone soft liner around the edges. But what is the source of their ozone?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Why post a video if you are not sharing technique or outcome?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
BE VERY CAREFUL. Ozone can be unsafe to breathe for some individuals, and is also unstable when mixed with gases such as nitrogen (which makes up 78% of the air we breathe).

Thus being warned....an ozone tray is usually clear acrylic with relief around the tooth/teeth being treated, and fitted with a hose for the ozone feed.

I have also seen ozone trays with a spacer inside, which is used to make room for a sponge that is soaked in ozone water before inserting.

Last edited:
wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Ozone trays are easy to make. First thing you need to do, is find out what type of attachment is required to attach the ozone hose. The ones used here, are compatible with "lurlock " connectors.

you need a good quality impression with nice full borders. I've used base plate wax, softened and adapted over the teeth as a spacer. Unlike Mark's suggestion to use pulldown material, we've been using Siltex from Ivoclar to form the trays. An average sized arch, will require two scoops of base material. On the model, mark the location of the cuspids, as this is where the hose connectors will be located. After the Siltex material has been mixed, adapted to the arch making sure to bring the material a couple millimeters down onto the gingiva. The objective is to make a tight seal here. Take 2 of the connectors, and position them so they are angled at approximately 45° angle over the cuspids. Pinch the material securely around them so you'll have a good seal. After the Siltex has set, remove from model and remove the base plate wax, and using the end of a HP Burr to remove any blockage.
317-imgp0577.jpg

318-imgp0578.jpg

C

Cd ortho

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I will try and make one tonight. The doctor showed me an example and it was like yours wwcanoer, but made of 4mm clear mouthguard. Ill post pictures when done.

C

Cd ortho

Reaction score
Here is what i ended up making as an Ozone Tray
ozone.jpg

D

Dr. S

Reaction score
I'm sorry to post in such an old thread, but I have some questions about ozone and ozone trays

- Are there online courses or dvd courses which explain the therapy in details? It is quite hard to find specific information on the Internet.
- How do you apply the ozone for mouth disinfection, decay, and/or gum disease? Do you simply buy the trays needed or do you make them?
- Is it possible to buy a "starter kit" which includes connectors, hoses, and so on?

I thank you in advance, and I send you my best regards,

M.S.

W

Whitney

Reaction score
Ozone trays are easy to make. First thing you need to do, is find out what type of attachment is required to attach the ozone hose. The ones used here, are compatible with "lurlock " connectors.

you need a good quality impression with nice full borders. I've used base plate wax, softened and adapted over the teeth as a spacer. Unlike Mark's suggestion to use pulldown material, we've been using Siltex from Ivoclar to form the trays. An average sized arch, will require two scoops of base material. On the model, mark the location of the cuspids, as this is where the hose connectors will be located. After the Siltex material has been mixed, adapted to the arch making sure to bring the material a couple millimeters down onto the gingiva. The objective is to make a tight seal here. Take 2 of the connectors, and position them so they are angled at approximately 45° angle over the cuspids. Pinch the material securely around them so you'll have a good seal. After the Siltex has set, remove from model and remove the base plate wax, and using the end of a HP Burr to remove any blockage.
317-imgp0577.jpg

318-imgp0578.jpg
I know this is a long shoot, but I was wondering if the was a video on how to fabricate the Ozone Trays here in off the way you were speaking of above. Please let me know. My Email is: [email protected]. I would greatly appreciate all the information I can recieve.