Overthinking my tooth selection.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
I currently use vita teeth
MFT for economy and vitapan for premium line.
Am i over killing it when using vitapan for acrylic partials or valplast?
These teeth may last longer than the partial base. And they may be too "hard" of a tooth for the patient causing problems for them.

Am i over thinking it ?
or am I right And should go with a different brand for partials?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
These teeth may last longer than the partial base. And they may be too "hard" of a tooth for the patient causing problems for them.

Am i over thinking it ?
Only thing to be concerned with is can you return broken sets?
I don't know how much a card is, but if you can't return, you'll quickly pile up scrap.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I would save broken sets, especially extra large and odd shades for denture repairs. If in question about what tooth brand to buy, technically that is the dentists decision, I would ask them.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We send some broken sets back and keep some. If it's a bleach shade that we don't use many of, or moulds that we don't use very often I'll keep them for repairs. Moulds and shades that we use a lot of get sent back for credit. We also have one Dr who even if we only use one tooth off of a card, he wants to pay for the whole card and it be sent to him with the case.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
We send some broken sets back and keep some. If it's a bleach shade that we don't use many of, or moulds that we don't use very often I'll keep them for repairs. Moulds and shades that we use a lot of get sent back for credit. We also have one Dr who even if we only use one tooth off of a card, he wants to pay for the whole card and it be sent to him with the case.
What does dentist do with them?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score

Am i over thinking it ?
Honestly just go with what works best in your hands and works best for patient. You probably are overkilling it, but that isn't necessarily bad. Premium teeth are mostly overkill and somewhat niche IMO. As they tend to have more contraindications than a quality DCL tooth of any brand. example Phonares2 cannot be ground beyond 40% before you have begin potential bond issues they are more prone to chipping because of the nano ceramic filled composite on the enamel. Stuff like that.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have tons of broken cards and use them all the time for repairs.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
He keeps them for repairs or add on's. He thinks he's saving money if he sends a tooth along with a repair.
Well I hope it is he likes picking the exactly right tooth for the job, but people are people and do weird things.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I picked out about 4 anterior moulds I only offer for dentures. So my broken sets for rpds match what i have out there in dentures.
I used to be the 30 mould/ 3 tooth line guy until I realized I was just shooting myself in he foot.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Well I hope it is he likes picking the exactly right tooth for the job, but people are people and do weird things.
He doesn't care if the tooth that he sends is the right shade or mould. He just thinks he's saving money on the repair because we aren't using our tooth. He doesn't realize that we charge more for a repair that we don't supply the tooth.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I picked out about 4 anterior moulds I only offer for dentures. So my broken sets for rpds match what i have out there in dentures.
I used to be the 30 mould/ 3 tooth line guy until I realized I was just shooting myself in he foot.
For crown and bridge, I could have 4 colors of zirconia, 4 bottles of porcelain, A2-A4 and have 70% of the shades covered. There are a lot of elderly here in this area, so I do get quite a few A3.5 and A4 shades. I have 11 case pans sitting in front of me, all are A2-A4 with 1-A1.5 anterior case.