Outsourcing to China - pre-during-post Covid19

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Morning, y'all

So, as a follow up to this thread: https://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/threads/viral-chinese-crowns.30709/, we are six months in, since we condemned China for selling us 'virus crowns', only to realize that we are in the same boat and had to shut down our economy, too, a month later...

Now, since the US, China and pretty much the rest of the world are back, producing at 'full steam', how much has changed in the outsource behavior? Has it become worse, since everybody is short strapped on cash? Or has there been a conscious shift and there is less work shipped abroad? I dont compete in that marked, but I am curious to know what is happening!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would say that we arent in the same boat at all, we got it way worse. The difference is, we dont send anything to China. Odd how this happened during a trade war.. If this didnt change public perception about China, then not much will... Take a look at the masks everyones wearing, they are mostly made in china, americans will have their head fully encased in the sand (or elsewhere) again soon enough.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
we have seen a big move away from chinese crowns.
I just forgot to say that is quite impressive given the proximity difference between you and China and the US and China.

Is it still staying reduced?

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
To be honest , I reckon its reverting back to the old ways

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes it is surprisingly a couple have gone to the dark side again but everytime the chinese government pulls a stunt we get new clients.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
soo, every few hours?
It is like watching the stock market in real time.
Drs who sent to china will likely send to china again. It is a this is where I want my profits to be thing. That extra ~60 bucks for American belongs in their pocket.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That will require investment and training. Outsourcing to china not so much.
One visit is a time saver and money maker. They can buy a cheap ioscanner and trade in their old cerecs.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
One visit is a time saver and money maker. They can buy a cheap ioscanner and trade in their old cerecs.
Correct. But, and I cant believe I am saying this, outsourcing to china might actually give you a nicer crown than making it chair side...
Vroam

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Correct. But, and I cant believe I am saying this, outsourcing to china might actually give you a nicer crown than making it chair side...
Vroam
lol, there's always seems to be a market for cheap.