Outsourcing saga continues..

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
Opened the box. First thing I notice is a white line going down the palate. Pull it off model, barely squeezed it and it snapped in half. 🤷‍♂️ Fun fun fun. 613F980E-2B50-43A0-B936-C59338668A81.png 72818BE5-0C74-41FA-9BFD-869DC4CB0726.png

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Opened the box. First thing I notice is a white line going down the palate. Pull it off model, barely squeezed it and it snapped in half. 🤷‍♂️ Fun fun fun. View attachment 37702 View attachment 37703
Do you get a lot of requests to do clear frames and such? Do you charge a premium for those. My lab does outsourcing for a bunch of other dental labs but I tend to avoid those types of cases and materials, sometimes too much can go wrong and I don't have many dentists who like them. But I'm happy to do basic flexible processing or cast metal frames if you're interested. My lab is a sponsor on DLN; shoot me a note [email protected] and I'll assist if able or wanted!

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
It’s been a tough case all around. Started with a cast frame w acrylic. Found out pt had severe monomer allergy. Thought about resetting teeth on frame and having it processed in val plast or the like, just not enough room. So we ended up going w an all flexible. Barely enough room to get retention holes in teeth. Anyhow. Just thought I’d share. Outsource game is an interesting one. AD67C5AE-744F-4C7C-9A47-62A137BD8930.jpeg 7884835E-84CB-4DA5-B33B-2D8632FFFC0B.jpeg

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
This is duraflex btw.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
It’s been a tough case all around. Started with a cast frame w acrylic. Found out pt had severe monomer allergy. Thought about resetting teeth on frame and having it processed in val plast or the like, just not enough room. So we ended up going w an all flexible. Barely enough room to get retention holes in teeth. Anyhow. Just thought I’d share. Outsource game is an interesting one. View attachment 37704 View attachment 37705
Makes sense, they always seem to snowball! $69 frames by the way, $89 vitallium.

Denturepropgh

Denturepropgh

Reaction score
Looks like that thing was cyanoacrylated together. WTF man!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
mill polycarbonate? or do those contain residual monomers?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Opened the box. First thing I notice is a white line going down the palate. Pull it off model, barely squeezed it and it snapped in half. 🤷‍♂️ Fun fun fun. View attachment 37702 View attachment 37703
check them out

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yeah bad case to start with. And somebody didn't know how to repair, which is common nowadays. Repairing it is simple, but the bigger problem is it's going to start falling apart in the #5-13 before long. Bad choice for appliance.