Outsource design

Digital Dental Designers

Digital Dental Designers

Reaction score
If you're gonna advertise, you need to pay the 'sponsor' fee bud. It's not fair for fine folks like tomas who did. TY tomas

I have been trying to contact Travis and he is unresponsive.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
942666eb943853cf3f580de435baa882.jpg

Got this back from a remote designer today, I wonder if they ate that chicken after it scratched that”anatomy “ in

besides the contours being....less than satisfactory.... at the least the anatomy matches or surpasses the adjacent teeth! lol

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Beautiful and functional crowns are not free
if you want send me a pm
The first crown is free.

it just won't be beautiful or functional. right?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
not all designs are created equal!
design lives matter?
8f572530eba0750e621aabd90553693c.jpg

plenty of room on that one. decent prep. not ideal but decent.
then of course we are matching adjacent chicken scratches but have .3mm clearance...so we end up with not much.
5051ab0c43ab85face700ef2bdf7ae0c.jpg

kind of a pick your poison. not trying to excuse your design. that wouldn't fly here nor for most on dln i think.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
df1f33d279d6485e4a6c20c02d23b16c.jpg

Well after talking with them and working things out this is some of what I got! Wow sweet

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
7bd867e8be7fe051f55192486d7b2267.jpg
well I’ve tried working with Full Contour and I’m still getting back very poor designs. This is one of dozens like this that I get back everyday. I looked this design up and it was 379 clicks! Yes that’s right 379.i redesigned it in 23 clicks and I haven’t touched 3 shape in months.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe it would look better as a screw-retained? Ive tried full contour also, seems theyre hiring amateurs like most labs.. Digital designers did a much better job, for me.

J

John C

Reaction score
I was on a chat message with fullcontour today. I asked them if they could do a design on a 3 unit implant bridge, screw retained in exocad. They said "were not sure" "we could try"...my response was thats reassuring, I think I will try myself.

Digital Dental Designers

Digital Dental Designers

Reaction score
well I’ve tried working with Full Contour and I’m still getting back very poor designs. This is one of dozens like this that I get back everyday. I looked this design up and it was 379 clicks! Yes that’s right 379.i redesigned it in 23 clicks and I haven’t touched 3 shape in months.

pjd cdt give us a try. Digital Dental Designers, Inc. Simple integrated 3Shape workflow and consistent quality designs. Free Trial.
www.digitaldentaldesigners.com

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I looked this design up and it was 379 clicks! Yes that’s right 379.i redesigned it in 23 clicks and I haven’t touched 3 shape in months.

Does anyone know if eXO has a counter and if so where is it?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Never heard of a clicks counter in exo, but you may find that info in the construction info file??

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

Maybe they get paid by "the click". Laugh

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
OK... I have a couple of anterior white wax designs I need done. A few posted they are designing. Quite frankly I struggle designing anterior on the screen . Its just not the same intimate handling I'm use to after building and grinding for 40 years. So P.M. if anyone is interested in doing it for me. Thanks. P.S. I wont rat you out if I dont like it. I know its all subject to personnel preference..

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
OK... I have a couple of anterior white wax designs I need done. A few posted they are designing. Quite frankly I struggle designing anterior on the screen . Its just not the same intimate handling I'm use to after building and grinding for 40 years. So P.M. if anyone is interested in doing it for me. Thanks. P.S. I wont rat you out if I dont like it. I know its all subject to personnel preference..

I’m with you on the anterior challenges of digital design. On large anterior cases I will usually have the case milled in wax and then make adjustments by hand in-house if necessary, then rescan the wax-up. I always seem to find contour discrepancies that I just don’t always see on the screen. I just add the additional costs to the case and explain that anterior cases always require more time and precision....which they do.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I’m with you on the anterior challenges of digital design. On large anterior cases I will usually have the case milled in wax and then make adjustments by hand in-house if necessary, then rescan the wax-up. I always seem to find contour discrepancies that I just don’t always see on the screen. I just add the additional costs to the case and explain that anterior cases always require more time and precision....which they do.

That is how I do it also. I’ll seat my waxups on the solid models and rescan as a preop. I totally am not always sure I’ll get what I want with 3shape because it’s just different on a screen. I should get a virtual reality helmet !! Bahaha ! I bet someone on here is crazy enough to have tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk