Help Wanted Outgoing CADCAM Manager for AZ’s Most Progressive Full Service Dental Laboratory

Dani Dental Studio

Dani Dental Studio

Reaction score
At Dani Dental, you will learn skills within the many departments of our laboratory, experience in hands on within a team environment and have fun!

We offer a variety of benefits from competitive wages based on skills, knowledge and abilities.

Health insurance to include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401K, life insurance, birthday celebrations, anniversary celebrations, employee of the month catered lunch and bonus, vacation and sick time.

If you are looking for a CAREER in a fun environment, please apply with us!!

www.danidental.com

To build an improved system with set parameters for technicians to be able to improve and grow in a realistic time frame while consistently creating quality dental restorations with service, technical and educational support beyond our clients expectations.

· Manages a team of 9 full-time technicians in the CADCAM subdivision of the company, ensures Dani Dental policies and protocols are being followed.

· Knowledge of dental anatomy/principles, scan and design from single to full arch cases, implant abutments and bars.

· Knowledge of computers, CADCAM software and 3shape are required.

· Sets work schedule for team, including deciding which tasks each employee will perform.

· Train, coach and develop team in all aspects of the department, which includes designing implants, crowns and bridges.

· Reads and interprets doctors’ prescriptions and preferences in order to direct team to follow proper instructions, as mandated by the doctor.

· Inspects and, if necessary, rejects work from their respective team.

· Inspects and, if necessary, rejects work from other departments if it is determined that the work is less than satisfactory.

· Coordinates and directs employees to work in a manner that ensures that each case/product is completed in time to ensure other departments meet the Due Date.

· Collaborates with other department managers to solve problems.

· Attends daily, weekly management meetings and attends seminars as needed.

· Attends dental conventions to learn new techniques to share with team.

· Communicates with dentists in regards to preferences and problem solving

· Ability to be hands on.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
who came up with this Job Description? I'll tell you immediately off the bat, unless you had provisional clauses - this generic list will appear to any well seasoned CAD/CAM/R&D manager as a trap, even if that wasn't your intention.

If I were to consider this position, you'd have to elaborate - for example:
"manages a team of 9...." - what are their capabilities / how long have they been there ...etc etc
"knowledge of computers...." - for starters what is your annual budget / do you have a Visix diagram of your set up? How many computers will you be allowed to upgrade, and how far down in IT are you looking for? Enough to handle basic Windows Server Duties? Enough to manage a Cisco ASA? Or just enough to know how to install World of Warcraft?

How much experience are you looking for? Does the person need to know CAD and CAM or just CAD or just CAM? If you are still lumping them together, then you are misrepresenting yourself.

How much materials knowledge are you looking for? Does this person need to know enough so hang with the other department managers?

To be fair - you are asking for one person to not only train/track/QC everything going in and out - but also provide tech support (of some caliber yet to be determined) - and that doesn't include the usual things that just "happen" at the lab which includes - communicating with the account, how much exposure / transparency is there with vendors and new materials - is that being dictated by someone else?

I'm not trying to be harsh - i just want to see success everywhere, for all Labs - for starters, break this down into subsets, and honestly hire specifically, vs this broad and generic list

If you're looking for quality, someone who can cover this will not come cheap - at least in the $115-145k range, easily. if you can tailor this down to smaller jobs spread through a few people - you may end up paying more in combined salary, but you a stronger workforce as if this guy burns out or leaves, you're not stuck SoL.

Best of Luck!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I think a general idea of starting pay would help as well. Nobody wants to take the time to call and
find out the starting pay is only $60k a year. @eyeloveteeth is right on the button with his estimtated salary
starting between $115k - $145k. That's just my 2 cents no harm intended :)

T

TMLab

Reaction score
I agree with you both. It sounds like at least two jobs, with both parties set up for disappointment.

Specific job descriptions saves a lot of time and prevents misunderstandings for everyone involved--including current employees.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think a general idea of starting pay would help as well. Nobody wants to take the time to call and
find out the starting pay is only $60k a year. @eyeloveteeth is right on the button with his estimtated salary
starting between $115k - $145k. That's just my 2 cents no harm intended :)
i can assure you, that is NOT the starting salary!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I would expect a starting salary to be nearing 100K with benefits and additional earnings from sales/production. But I wouldn't be surprised if starting pay was $55K. lol

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
$100-120k sounds reasonable. I would go there, and I'm only looking for someone to manage 4 techs...

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I personally know several lab managers and we talk about stuff other than supplies at times. Some are on the lower end
of the pay scale $70k plus a percentage. But most are at a $100k or a little more. I guess it also depends on what is expected
of you at the lab as a manager.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
but this isn't even lab manager. This is just CAD/CAM manager - which is crazy to me because if you're big enough and i know of Danni Dental - then CAD and CAM should be two separate departments as it is.

like i said, i hope the best for them, I have to say labs like Albensi figured it out fairly quickly, or even Derby Dental.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
It sounds like a great opportunity. I told a few techs I know about this job opening.