• Welcome to Dental Lab Network
    1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our easiest CAM ever! ALL-NEW hyperDENT PracticeLab V9

Discussion in 'FOLLOW-ME! Technology – hyperDENT' started by greeny, Dec 7, 2017.

1. greeny

greeny Active Member Full Member

hyperDENT CAM software has always been recognized for its unrivaled performance and robust capabilities, but FOLLOW-ME! Technology's all-new PracticeLab V9 has raised the bar for ease-of-use.

Completely redesigned for 2018, the new user interface is so simple it can be utilized with a touch screen monitor and takes as little as 4 clicks to go from CAD file to machine. At no cost for current hyperDENT Compact users on maintenance, the same new workflow from PracticeLab will be available shortly after Lab Day Chicago.

Live software demos coming soon!

dwx-4w_practicelab.PNG

2. Jerry Zagury

Jerry Zagury Member

If i could only get some support from you that would be great!!!! LOL :D:D:D

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Mike2

Mike2 Active Member Full Member

Ditto to above post, I had also asked a question to your last Hyperdent users unite and never got a reply. Again the situation is this, after nesting(which does not work automatically IMO, At least the way I would nest) I use automatic connector setting and it consistently places the connectors in the way of adjacent toolpaths, not very smart IMO. Please spare me the announcements and use extra time to fix the last version.My 2 cents

• Informative Informative x 2
    4. greeny

Hi Mike, Jerry was actually just messing around - he's a good friend and customer of mine. He doesn't have any issues with support from Imilling, his hyperDENT distributor (or at least any issues that I've been made aware of).

That being said, I'm sorry you haven't been getting the resources you desire. However, just so you know in the future, this forum is not the most efficient and effective channel in which to receive hyperDENT support. Our engineers do not monitor this forum and the hyperDENT "experts" thread was really just for hyperDENT users to share ideas with each other. Who's your distributor? Let's pull them into the conversation and get you what you need! Feel free to shoot me a direct message if you'd prefer to finish this conversation privately.

5. NYJHL
      Amazed

NYJHL Member Full Member

Just out of curiosity, Do we have to pay for HyperDent upgrades from reseller?

6. greeny

Within the first year of your license purchase in North America, no, it's included. After that, yes, you can choose to pay an annual fee to keep your license on the newest version.

7. Mike2

Mike2 Active Member Full Member

Hello Greeny, although the CAM works well, I was disappointed as the version I employed worked fine.(Preciso/Jensen) I was getting calculation errors quite often and they mentioned this version would resolve....what I did not expect was the way the autonesting worked along with the auto connector mode. I am the furthest thing from an expert, but I have milled my fair share of units.
      That being said I am not sure why the auto nesting will set units atop each other along with connectors coming in on some of the units, albeit in the wrong locations. In addition, I have been getting better results with auto connectors, I still get connectors placed in adj. toolpaths, sometimes? The thing is there is a delay when I click on each unit to place connectors, that wasn't there in last version.
      The CAM does work as it should, I am just a stickler for consistency and it seems as though digital doesn't maintain the type that I am used to. What I mean is as we continue forward for better latest greatest CAM works, it would be nice to maintain simplest stuff the way it was? I know that isn't possible as the software doesn't pick and choose?? I typically run a full puck of FCZ and it worked fine in last version and does also with some nuances now.
      If I could ask, because I don't understand, why doesn't the CAM calculate the project to mill in a more clockwise pattern vs. the moving from part to part vs. next closest one??
      Thanks for the shout, I am amazed at what all the software does wish I understood it better and could utilize it more to its full extent.
      Respectfully....
      Mike