Original Prusa SL1

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,534 61
The say most users should stay in the .25 to .1 mm range. That's 100 to 250 microns, and likely the standard expected accuracy. They claim a 10 to 25 micron level of ability, but I imagine that is only on a very cherry picked machine with lots and lots of tweaking.

For fun, sure. For custom trays, Sure. For anything else? Not hardly.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Ratings
3,439 45
What do you guys think? Can it compete with Asiga or nextdent?
I think it could compete very well... it is coming from a reputable company, they already got the best out of the box FDM printers out there, in their price range. LCD technology with a solid mechanical build, 10 micron minimum layer thickness should definitely give the other SLA printers a run for their money IMO. Best of all: is open source.
I am considering it as my next printer purchase.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,534 61
I think it could compete very well... it is coming from a reputable company, they already got the best out of the box FDM printers out there, in their price range. LCD technology with a solid mechanical build, 10 micron minimum layer thickness should definitely give the other SLA printers a run for their money IMO. I am considering it as my next printer purchase.
I know they've been in the FDM world a looong time. And their tech has been the basis which many have built off of, just not sure they can produce a system on a different technology than FDM that can routinely push out as much and stay at those 'best' metrics.
Honestly, I'm not sure anyone can yet.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!