Origin Beyond +

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I need your feed back on Origin Beyond + zir, shade, milling , and zirconium strength in green stage . Thanks

C

charles007

Reaction score
user name shared tons and years of tips on zirconia and Bob will be long remembered for years to come. I'm almost positive he used Beyond with his go to zir.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Because they re-mill the zirconia when they get it in, it's denser making it a little tougher in the green state. Thus the shrink rate setting is a bit less than normal, I get a shrink rate factor "error" warning from the Wieland CAM when I create a new disk =s a couple of more units per disk. Colors are good with the 70 v6 liquids. I'll confirm that when I get in the lab tomorrow. Milling's been fine, and since it's a bit denser, you have more of the finer dust to brush out of the inside of your crowns.

It's sintered strength is around 1000 - 1100 mpa.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Because they re-mill the zirconia when they get it in, it's denser making it a little tougher in the green state. Thus the shrink rate setting is a bit less than normal, I get a shrink rate factor "error" warning from the Wieland CAM when I create a new disk =s a couple of more units per disk. Colors are good with the 70 v6 liquids. I'll confirm that when I get in the lab tomorrow. Milling's been fine, and since it's a bit denser, you have more of the finer dust to brush out of the inside of your crowns.

It's sintered strength is around 1000 - 1100 mpa.
To me seems less dense in green stage, and I have to use 4 connections instead of 3 with other zir, l have few crowns dropped from puck with 2 or 3 connections during milling! Do you use mostly for anteriors Scott or for posteriors as will?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Both. The only time I have drop outs is when I push the envelope of space for the sprues to be firmly attached to another part of the zirconia.
3 sprues for molars, 2 for anterior's, at 2mm sprue thickness.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I am using Beyond Plus less and less, and going more with the emax multi MT, and Argen H+.
I was at one time 75% Beyond Plus, and the rest misc Zenostar and Bruxzir.

If you sprue to close to the plastic rim on Beyond Plus, it can chatter as there is a small space between the zirconia and the rim
intermittently filled with glue, but it can chatter your crowns right out of the disc. I make sure I'm backed far enough from the edge to prevent that.

I've always liked having sprues be attached to the buccals and linguals as much as possible, rather than on the contacts
and linguals/buccals to be able to push the buccals/linguals to an edge or an empty space. I know I'm sacrificing 2-4 units per disk that way,
but I rarely get a drop out and I feel better about the crowns being supported 360 that way. It's a comfort zone thing for me.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I am using Beyond Plus less and less, and going more with the emax multi MT, and Argen H+.
I was at one time 75% Beyond Plus, and the rest misc Zenostar and Bruxzir.
May i ask why you’re switching ?, you could pm me too😊

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Plus, you can get some very pretty results with it. I still use it occasionally, I just needed to simplify
my zirconia inventory for singles and bridges. My Drs really like the MT Multi. Also, to get to know HT+ better
for bridges and layering and to work with Argen more, in case my mill goes down I'll know exactly
what I need from them to get the results I'm looking for. HT+ can also handle longer span bridges than Beyond Plus can.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Plus, you can get some very pretty results with it. I still use it occasionally, I just needed to simplify
my zirconia inventory for singles and bridges. My Drs really like the MT Multi. Also, to get to know HT+ better
for bridges and layering and to work with Argen more, in case my mill goes down I'll know exactly
what I need from them to get the results I'm looking for. HT+ can also handle longer span bridges than Beyond Plus can.
Your pm option seems disabled Scott

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
This is same product but from two different places. Bey plus. What causes the darker??
It’s not the time of year for issueso_O Help please, thanks.
edit; forgot to add pic:banhappy:

1DC8381B-D87D-4B71-9452-D42588D2BB7A.jpeg 6703F22B-EF4E-495D-8E4C-B00EC8D6652B.jpeg

Last edited:
S

SDS_SMC

Reaction score
K

kmart

Reaction score
I’ve been using beyond plus for the better part of 2 years now. Been a great material. Shades come out well with 70 strength as well as the 3D shades. Never have a problem with drop outs. Molars I use 2 “non cuttable” sprues. One on buccal and one lingual and one “cuttable” sprue somewhere else. Just use 2 sprues on premolars and anteriors. Have had great results!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Two different places in the same disc?

I send to 2 different places to get zirc milled. I’ve claimed darker results from one of them last couple months. Usually in darker shades being too dark. Low value more often lately too. All are milled white and shaded, overnight.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
-
I’ve been using beyond plus for the better part of 2 years now. Been a great material. Shades come out well with 70 strength as well as the 3D shades. Never have a problem with drop outs. Molars I use 2 “non cuttable” sprues. One on buccal and one lingual and one “cuttable” sprue somewhere else. Just use 2 sprues on premolars and anteriors. Have had great results!
from my understanding now the manufacturer of B+ recommends 4 connectors on morals, I always use 3 connectors on other zir. Some units are dropping out with 2 connectors on anteriors with B+, now I use 3 connectors.
thanks

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I send to 2 different places to get zirc milled. I’ve claimed darker results from one of them last couple months. Usually in darker shades being too dark. Low value more often lately too. All are milled white and shaded, overnight.

I don't know what to say about that one. The only time I start getting darker or lower value is when the liquid in my dipping jar needs to be replaced, or when the I.E. needs to be replaced. I keep the I.E. in smaller jars, so it's being refreshed more frequently.