Origin Beyond +

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to say about that one. The only time I start getting darker or lower value is when the liquid in my dipping jar needs to be replaced, or when the I.E. needs to be replaced. I keep the I.E. in smaller jars, so it's being refreshed more frequently.
I.E. = ?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Incisal Enhancer...for creating the Inc look of the crown, i.e. :) 57 -60

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hey Car, Do you strickly follow this BD chart. I’m wondering if maybe using a lighter than listed IE for darker shades? I think we all can agree the incisal in fcz lack the feathered look of a shade tab,out of sintering, in incisal area. Anterior. I know,if I want something better I should do my own. :rolleyes: ..or layer.

34C7FE25-1929-43F8-BE64-452787D3BC78.jpeg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You hit it right on, IMO. I'm approximately 1/2 to 1 shade lighter with my IE than their chart shows. I've felt like calling them before and mentioning I thought they were off, to dark, low value. As an example A2, try 1.5 (main inc) and 1.0 (for inc break up and ridges). In the 70 dipping liquid series, they have the 6.0 and the 6.1 versions. I think one was made for Beyond, and the other for Plus. I don't think they're to far off, but just confirm what you have and what they suggest. Talk to Steve or Rich.

I may use 3.0 on a A4, 5M1 etc, or where seen, but I hardly use that one. I don't do a lot of dark shades routinely.

Remember, you can dilute the dipping liquid with distilled water, as they're predominantly water based.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Tayeb for letting me highjack your thread!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
You hit it right on, IMO. I'm approximately 1/2 to 1 shade lighter with my IE than their chart shows. I've felt like calling them before and mentioning I thought they were off, to dark, low value. As an example A2, try 1.5 (main inc) and 1.0 (for inc break up and ridges). In the 70 dipping liquid series, they have the 6.0 and the 6.1 versions. I think one was made for Beyond, and the other for Plus. I don't think they're to far off, but just confirm what you have and what they suggest. Talk to Steve or Rich.

I may use 3.0 on a A4, 5M1 etc, or where seen, but I hardly use that one. I don't do a lot of dark shades routinely.

Remember, you can dilute the dipping liquid with distilled water, as they're predominantly water based.

and do you use the 3D liquids? The dark ones have been giving me fits too, way too much chroma and dark /grey incisal.
thought they used to be much better. ( again I’m outsourcing these)
Do you refrigerate your liquids?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I don't use the 3D liquids, I just couldn't get those right. So on some of the 3D value shades (2M1, 3M1, 4M1),I'll use D2, 2.5, D3 etc and use InSync (or MiYO) to make up the difference.
Some may have better luck than I have with those.

I don't refrigerate them. I do store them in a opaque plastic utility box. I asked them if they were susceptible to light, as I noticed their dipping jars they sell are now clear, compared to the older version that were black. I was told no, but I still like the idea of dark storage.

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
To me seems less dense in green stage, and I have to use 4 connections instead of 3 with other zir, l have few crowns dropped from puck with 2 or 3 connections during milling! Do you use mostly for anteriors Scott or for posteriors as will?
Happens to me also. I was just going to do a search on it when I saw this thread.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I maybe had one drop out in this disc, but maybe also just me? Here is an example of my standard for spruing using 2mm thick sprues. 2 on Bis and anteriors, and 3 on posteriors.

beyond.JPG

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
milling in 52DCi's, we still do 2 sprue without any issues.

There is an issue with Beyond+ and not using SiC2 furnances. MoSi2 or Mo furnaces will have variation all over the place in your colors. - personally tested by me. (well take that for what it's worth lol)

I've been doing hybrids in Beyond+ for years and they've held strong. I will say full arch hybrids do go in a VERY slowly ramped cycle though, almost 15 hours.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I maybe had one drop out in this disc, but maybe also just me? Here is an example of my standard for spruing using 2mm thick sprues. 2 on Bis and anteriors, and 3 on posteriors.

View attachment 37424
To be on the safe side I use four 2mm connectors on molars and three on bicuspids and anteriors on B plus, but three and two on other zir. I don’t want to change milling machine parameters for B plus now.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
To be on the safe side I use four 2mm connectors on molars and three on bicuspids and anteriors on B plus, but three and two on other zir. I don’t want to change milling machine parameters for B plus now.

Do you find that discouraging or frustrating though, to have to have to use so many connectors compared to your other zirconia?
Do you like Beyond Plus enough to put up with that, at least for now?

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score

View attachment 37424
Thanks. It looks like you and I pin pretty much the same. However you go 2mm on the sprues . I was at 1.5. I made the change to 2 so we'll see what happens.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Do you find that discouraging or frustrating though, to have to have to use so many connectors compared to your other zirconia?
Do you like Beyond Plus enough to put up with that, at least for now?
I do find it Cumbersome, but I like how the shades come out, slightly more translucent comparing

PCdental

PCdental

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems obtaining Beyond Plus unshaded discs?

Last edited: