Options for MDI cases since 3M stopped supporting it?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of these MDI cases out in the wild and have found Preat has rings, metal housings, and analogs for the 1.8mm family.

Does anyone have sources for other sizes?

Any alternatives to Preat? Don't get me wrong, they're nice parts, but I have learned to be cautious of single source parts availability.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
3M is still stocking the parts for now. Just not the implants. They originally said they would keep parts for three years I think. I haven't found other impression copings that fit yet.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
3M is still stocking the parts for now. Just not the implants. They originally said they would keep parts for three years I think. I haven't found other impression copings that fit yet.
I wish the copings were used as frequently as they are supposed to be. I have gotten impressions done with Impregum and nothing but that all around the post. Worked surprisingly well, but I'd very very much rather have copings.

Do you know if they are still making the parts or if they just have a stockpile and when it's gone, it's gone?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I wish the copings were used as frequently as they are supposed to be. I have gotten impressions done with Impregum and nothing but that all around the post. Worked surprisingly well, but I'd very very much rather have copings.

Do you know if they are still making the parts or if they just have a stockpile and when it's gone, it's gone?
You may want to try park research in new york. The owner founded imtec and maybe they have some solutions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You may want to try park research in new york. The owner founded imtec and maybe they have some solutions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Totally new one to me. Had never heard of them. Thanks!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the impression copings can be properly and completely sterilized for reuse?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
As long as are autoclavable and made of titanium or stainless steel then you can reuse them.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
The impression copings are plastic or vinyl.

B

Bradley C Jones DDS

Reaction score
I have a lot of these MDI cases out in the wild and have found Preat has rings, metal housings, and analogs for the 1.8mm family.

Does anyone have sources for other sizes?

Any alternatives to Preat? Don't get me wrong, they're nice parts, but I have learned to be cautious of single source parts availability.
I have been looking for a old implant or analog for imtec 3M endure cl. Implant direct had part til just a year ago.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a old implant or analog for imtec 3M endure cl. Implant direct had part til just a year ago.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Have you checked with Sterngold? They have been broadening their analog offerings lately.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A quick look at Sterngold just now shows they have started making the implants and selling them. Supposedly the same designs and dimensions.

S

sensei

Reaction score
parkdentalresearch.com

Great company and half the cost of everything else mentioned here. Their housings are also pink anodized so no gray through. That alone is a reason to use them.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
reach out to ICO - they are selling it too - my old 3M MDI rep is working for them now.