opinions and feeback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaylahou

Reaction score
I've learned so much from reading you experts discuss various techniques and cases . I believe my prosthedontist told me I have acquired way too much information without the experience that goes along with that information..lol.. I agree, i guess,, but i still believe the information i have learned from you all have helped me tremendously in working with my denturist and lab to get the best ideal outcome for me.. ..
can i post a picture of my completed case and get some of your professional comments , observations on the final case work up??

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
hi, i know this is a professional forum, but i am a closet denturist..(i.e. i've studied and learned so much because of my own case).. i just received my final. it's top of the line teeth physiodens i believe.the gums are very lifelike and characterized. all of this with a metal substructure and it all snaps on to a custom milled titanium bar that was made for my mouth .. on top of 6 implants..) ok, my question is,, i like my final.. i really think it's beautiful.. but when i look at some of the beautiful work on these forums, the interproximal area between the teeth are not as distinct and separated..(i hope i'm saying this correctly).. is it possible to have the lab do something ,without having them completely start over?? what i'm asking is, once the final is made,, can adjustments be made that don't involve actually changing the setup or teeth.. is there such a thing as toning the color of the teeth a bit .. with these denture teeth? i know we used to do that with my ceramic crowns..until we got it perfect.. but that was when i had access to the lab right around the corner from my prosthedontists office..

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
ok,,here goes nothing... i can take other pics if yall need to see other angles for the best feedback
teeth_zps41d6e523.jpg.html
teeth_zps41d6e523.jpg.html

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a place for patients. Seek Dr advice or a new one.

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
ok,gosh,, this next picture is obviously skewed by the autofocus..but it gives a good idea of the characterization.. i think?
tee3_zpsdc0cfbea.jpg

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
but travis,,i'm not a patient anymore,, everything about the actual process is done.. i just want to know what yall think?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Leave it alone,it looks fine and was designed for you.

The interproximals are designed to be self cleansing and modifying them could lead to food traps.

Give it time , comparing to other cases is not reflective to your situation for now.

Now put them back in and enjoy them, the grass is just as green on your side! ;)

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Looks very nice, enjoy! Guaranteed for one year or 100.000 bites whichever comes first .;)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
but travis,,i'm not a patient anymore,, everything about the actual process is done.. i just want to know what yall think?
That was definitely made in China.
Just kidding.
Go get a $2000.00 camera, a $1000.00 lens, put it in your mouth, take a macro selfie. And then well tell ya. :)

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
thank you very much.. i am amazed at some of the cases some of you have posted pictures of.. they look incredibly lifelike,, i'm pretty young, and i used to have beautiful teeth(crowned and veneered).. but my teeth started breaking.. so i was trying to replicate the ideal look of what my smile used to look like.. i know my prosthedontist is awesome. and oral surgeon, ,, and my prosthedontist is very specific and only uses the best labs.. but gosh,, yall are like artists!.. i mean, your cases look like works of art.. bravo.

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
That was definitely made in China.
Just kidding.
Go get a $2000.00 camera, a $1000.00 lens, put it in your mouth, take a macro selfie. And then well tell ya. :)

marcus!.. this isn't even funny!..well ,actually it is..but. dang,, no fricking way was this made in china.. i know the lab. it was 24 hour overnighted each revision.. i just wish i could have talked to the person(allthough i think each revisions while in wax was handled bya different person..instead of a single person) who was making my case.. although,, of course,, that wasn't allowed... believe me i asked!.( i'm the only patient he has ever had in 20 years that went and studied the vernacular ,nomenclature etc. so i would be able to understand and relay to him what i wanted..)

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I get the odd patient like you. Techs love the advice.
Denture looks fine, hard to comment unless in the mouth with good shots with a good camera.
If you are that into it go do a techs course and setup some dentures. Its cheap enough to set up a denture lab with second hand equipment.

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
these were my temps
temps_zps8ed57188.jpg
.. in mouth.. no 1000 dollar lens,,,sorry,... and yeah,, my actual smile is crooked..

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
I get the odd patient like you. Techs love the advice.
Denture looks fine, hard to comment unless in the mouth with good shots with a good camera.
If you are that into it go do a techs course and setup some dentures. Its cheap enough to set up a denture lab with second hand equipment.

"odd patient" ,,,lolol yikes.

K

kaylahou

Reaction score
bumfrey,,i actually was interested in doing that.. and came here and read everything yall had to say,,,, it seems like a b**** dealing with some doctors..and they make all the money.. i mean, if i were to become very very good ,,, it doesn't seem necessarily guaranteed that i would be rewarded financially.. kwim,, especially with the way the industry is going with outsourcing blah blah,,
or at least that's the jist of what i surmised from reading various contributors experiences of what they make for various setups etc.. not to mention the other experiences regarding dishonest doctors etc.. i would hope that the bad ones are few and far between,,but its a big hit to take if a doctor just up and doesn't pay you..

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
i didn't mean odd as in weird sorry. I was meaning i get a patient sometimes coming in asking questions like you.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I second Al. To address what you said about not being rewarded financially - Doing what you love is worth a lot more than money. I'll never be rich, but my hobby is my career and that means more than money to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom