Open Technologies 3D scanner...

P

Pete CCDL

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Open Technologies Dentrex Digital Revenge Scanner #REV100DLX?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Can you post a link so we don't have to do a mad google search?
Please.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
No experience, but just yesterday I attended a presentation of this scanner. Possibility to scan three models simultaneously (with its resident software) .Possibility enter any articulator inside. Two cameras of precision (1.3 MP)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I had one in the lab for around a month to test it for a company . I liked it , easy , fast , accurate . The fact that you can use any articulator is really useful .

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Drizzt, which scanner do you have in your lab? What comparison can do with Open technologies?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt, which scanner do you have in your lab? What comparison can do with Open technologies?

I have a GC Aadva scanner , and a Dental Wings 5 series . Unfortunately I wasn't able to test the scanner on implants . But I liked the workflow and the articulator thing . If the price is right , go for it , why not ? My only complain is that it looks a little cheap . Too much plastic . But if it works , then I don't care how it looks . Ah , also the fact that you have tho turn on the projector everytime from a remote control , and that it shuts down after waiting 15 minutes is a bit annoying , but I suppose someone can get used to it .

J

Joeromania

Reaction score
Hey everybody
I have a the big smart of OPT scanner in my lab almost one year ago and I m full satisfy with . You can scan everything with it ! Accuracy 5micron very fast , very open ! 3way for scanning , you also can scan impression with no problem I make implant customise abutments and bars and lot more , the scanner came with exocad integrated . I also have a ZZ scanner but the OPT scanner is much accurate , faster and more user friendly , when you will get use to it it will change your life ! It is simply a great scanner

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everybody
I have a the big smart of OPT scanner in my lab almost one year ago and I m full satisfy with . You can scan everything with it ! Accuracy 5micron very fast , very open ! 3way for scanning , you also can scan impression with no problem I make implant customise abutments and bars and lot more , the scanner came with exocad integrated . I also have a ZZ scanner but the OPT scanner is much accurate , faster and more user friendly , when you will get use to it it will change your life ! It is simply a great scanner

It is a very good scanner but I highly doubt 5 micron accuracy .Too many variables to consider .

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Hey everybody

make some samples we check but stl output is i think not in the 5 my range , XML output for implant position or a flat STL or another flat data format maybe . Do u use a torque multipiled key for implants.

J

Joeromania

Reaction score
I use markers from ZZ and design , I don't mill metal I have a SLM machine and they fit great ! Bars all on 4 custom abutments etc I never had problems with the scanner . It s true you got to turn on the projector of the scan with remote control but this only take 5 seconds , and about the plastic box of the scanner yes it looks like a cheap scanner but for the price 13000 euro believe me it worse every single penny !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I use markers from ZZ and design , I don't mill metal I have a SLM machine and they fit great ! Bars all on 4 custom abutments etc I never had problems with the scanner . It s true you got to turn on the projector of the scan with remote control but this only take 5 seconds , and about the plastic box of the scanner yes it looks like a cheap scanner but for the price 13000 euro believe me it worse every single penny !

So you're doing implant cases with SLM machine ? Aren't you concerned about the micro gap with the interface because of the sintered metal surface which is rough ?

J

Joeromania

Reaction score
No ! You just say it , micro gap , we are talking about gap of 10 or 15 micron ! Any milling machine have this marge of error ! Beside this there is special instruments that polish the connection of the abutments which I used in the time I was casting them and till now with SLM technology I just rotate manually the instrument 1 or 2 times and that s it the surface is almost shiny and clean

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
No ! You just say it , micro gap , we are talking about gap of 10 or 15 micron ! Any milling machine have this marge of error ! Beside this there is special instruments that polish the connection of the abutments which I used in the time I was casting them and till now with SLM technology I just rotate manually the instrument 1 or 2 times and that s it the surface is almost shiny and clean

Well , your opinion is respected , but for implant cases , SLM is not suitable . If it was , big companies wouldn't buy milling machines that worth millions , they would simply buy SLM machines for implant cases . 10-15 microns are not micro gap for bacteria . They are highway .

J

javedjaved

Reaction score
It is a very good scanner but I highly doubt 5 micron accuracy .Too many variables to consider .
kindly tell me specification of computer for smart big scanner,,,,,

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
kindly tell me specification of computer for smart big scanner,,,,,

i7 processor , the best you can afford , Nvidia GTX card , 760 and above , 16 MB Ram minimum , and a SSD hard drive

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Buy a ALienware gaming PC

J

javedjaved

Reaction score
Buy a ALienware gaming PC
Alienware not available in my country,so kindly tell me its feature,specifications of Ram,Vga card ,hard drive and others,thanx.

R

Ruski

Reaction score
Javedjaved,Acer V Nitro, gaming laptop is good enough for big smart with exocad!!!run great!!
i7,nvidia gtx 940....bla bla,17' inch screen,entering level but works great and price is excellent,around 1200-1300 euro!!

R

Ruski

Reaction score
Hy joeromania,remeber our conversation about Egs Dscan and your problems with it!?how did you resolve those problems with scanner? I' ve noticed that you stayed with italians again,Open tehnology,Padova!??how is the expirienece with it??