Open Source Community Anatomy Library

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
So I had this idea. Ill post a tooth library I designed for free, in hopes other designers can take it, tweak and improve it and post their own varients. New designers can get access to decent anatomies without needing to dig through russian telegrams or paying for access, and experienced designers can showcase what they can do and add their spin.

Download to library below:

NewLib.png

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Ok Toofmaker..
if you make me some bitchin study models with bases, i'll also print you a 50mm set in Rodin Sculpture and ship them out to you...

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
yep, or 3 in a row.. ideally though would like to see a little of the root structure as well.. the CEJ defined for sure
the root structure is just as important

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Those look really good to me :)
Thanks man, really appreciate it
yes they do..
Rodin Sculpture is nice material... the time will be worth it.
Nice, sounds expensive, let me know if it the interproximal areas needs to be blocked out

Attachments

• asdasdasdasdasdasd.png
    asdasdasdasdasdasd.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 67
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ok, that is exactly what i was looking for.. and it looks awesome..
i'll keep it at 38mm.. will let you know in 3 hours

now for lower molars & some anteriors

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
IMG_0066.jpeg

residue needs to be steamed off..
I've decided not to coat them.. I don't want to loose the texture..
I love the anatomy.. these are perfect for abutment design/ training

try and keep the sizing consistent.. I won't resize the print..
these are heavy.. I love the translucency.. love everything, you've done an impressive job and I've got a ton of resin

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
View attachment 42146

residue needs to be steamed off..
I've decided not to coat them.. I don't want to loose the texture..
I love the anatomy.. these are perfect for abutment design/ training

try and keep the sizing consistent.. I won't resize the print..
these are heavy.. I love the translucency.. love everything, you've done an impressive job and I've got a ton of resin
Look awesome, and thanks, ill keep everything scaled and try to get everything to keep intercuspation with the lowers. Im starting the process of moving so there might be gaps in my time to sculpt over the next two weeks but ill make some time. Ill sculpt some one offs and a model with an analog, abutment, and fitting crown for educational purposes as well.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
for me, don't need the implant models..
just the crown designs.. no worries on the timeline.. i'll print as they come it!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
if i send you stls can you base them for me?

filippos

filippos

Reaction score
Hey everyone! You're doing a great job here. I like your passion about morphology a lot.

With no offense, I would like to give us some tips about morphology since I've studied a lot about it. If you observe natural teeth, as the pictures below, they have a small smooth cavity just above the anatomical margin of the tooth. This is for the gingiva to take it's space here and make a nice natural emergency profile and then form the clinical neck we see on mouth and models.
I picked 1 bulky tooth and one more slim to show you that they both have the same cavity.

Also, the buccal groves, between the cusps, never get down to the gingiva, but they stop on the occlusal 3rd or maybe just on the middle 3rd of the tooth. It may get a small cavity from there to the first 3rd but if its only smoothed. This happens to protect the gingiva from food stuck around the clinical margin during mastication.

IMG_20230527_101137.jpg IMG_20230527_102258.jpg
I hope I help a little with these tips.
Also, you motivated me to work on another library on exocad. As soon I finish, I'll post photos here and then make it actual library so I can share it with everyone, hope you like. Thanks 😁😁

DigiSculpt Design Center

DigiSculpt Design Center

Reaction score
Hey everyone! You're doing a great job here. I like your passion about morphology a lot.

With no offense, I would like to give us some tips about morphology since I've studied a lot about it. If you observe natural teeth, as the pictures below, they have a small smooth cavity just above the anatomical margin of the tooth. This is for the gingiva to take it's space here and make a nice natural emergency profile and then form the clinical neck we see on mouth and models.
I picked 1 bulky tooth and one more slim to show you that they both have the same cavity.

Also, the buccal groves, between the cusps, never get down to the gingiva, but they stop on the occlusal 3rd or maybe just on the middle 3rd of the tooth. It may get a small cavity from there to the first 3rd but if its only smoothed. This happens to protect the gingiva from food stuck around the clinical margin during mastication.

View attachment 42903 View attachment 42904
I hope I help a little with these tips.
Also, you motivated me to work on another library on exocad. As soon I finish, I'll post photos here and then make it actual library so I can share it with everyone, hope you like. Thanks 😁😁
Appreciate the wisdom, always looking for more decent references to build from
Molar Buccal Sculpt II.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom