Only FDA materials in the mouth?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I'm searching for an answer to a question that maybe someone on here knows the true answer on FDA stuff...

In the US I am under the assumption that only FDA approved materials are allowed in vitro. Even such things such as mouthguard material or surgical guides need to made from an FDA approved materials, correct?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
uhm...of course

is this a trick question?

materials are cleared by the FDA for permanent or durational/short term use in the mouth (like surgical guides)

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Not just approved materials, but also approved for specific applications. So a material may be approved for one use, but not for another.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If Elizabeth Curran browses here, she can answer pretty much any question you may have.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Only approved appliances! Side effects may include: nausea, upset stomach, diarreha, trouble breathing, trouble urinating, stroke, mild fever, kidney failure, blood clot, vomiting, headache, pain at the injection site, redness, swelling, heart attack, or sudden death. But this was seen in only in a small percantage of users.

Carrry on!Vroam

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
and did you mean "In vivo" ?
cuz the FDA could care less about what you do "in vitro"
;)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
and did you mean "In vivo" ?
cuz the FDA could care less about what you do "in vitro"
;)
Give them time, they'll figure a way to regulate that too.:rolleyes:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
headache? aw man, i can handle the sudden death but not headache. i guess i wont be wearing your mouthguards.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
In Vitro, I had a doctor asking me about the FDA approval thing, wanted to double check

Thanks for the clarification

Last edited:
R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Only approved appliances! Side effects may include: nausea, upset stomach, diarreha, trouble breathing, trouble urinating, stroke, mild fever, kidney failure, blood clot, vomiting, headache, pain at the injection site, redness, swelling, heart attack, or sudden death. But this was seen in only in a small percantage of users.

Carrry on!Vroam
ED. Don't forget ED.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
If Elizabeth Curran browses here, she can answer pretty much any question you may have.
look her up on facebook.. shes active there

Top Bottom