One step dentures

drm313mac

drm313mac

Reaction score
In Ukraine almost same .. 50-60 for "simple denture" for 100 - with good teeth and modeling... I think that some one can make next day denture for 175 :)

Using Aquasil PVS in a 3-5 step technique, it costs ~$20 - 25 for the impression per arch with bite registration.
Lab techs know more on the next step than I, but Acrylic and extraneous materials are ~$25 per arch (correct me if I am wrong here),for good acrylic such as Diamond D.
Decent teeth are about the same?

Therefore in materials alone the cost is ~$75 per arch. Adding in the salary of the tech (I will pay $20 - 25 / hour for an experienced tech, $15 for inexperienced),6 - 8 hours for a set (lab guys correct me if I am alloting too much time here),the payroll is $75 - 100 for the quality denture, well set and carved with cervical toning, etc.
Then we must add in 40% general office overhead.

Therefore the denture will cost ~$180 -200 per arch. Selling it for $175 is not feasible, and therefore to do so I must cut the quality. Switch from Diamond D to some no-name acrylic, use Heraeus Kulzer Basics, pay $15 - 18 and hour, and then I could hit that price point and still profit $25 - 50 per arch. If I did so, other than the impression technique being better, what sets this denture apart from the Economy denture from Affordable Dentures?

Taking this one step further, professionally there is a line I must never cross, that which says I will never sell a denture that I would not wear myself, or give to my mother, should we require dentures. Therefore I refuse to sell at that price point.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score

I must need new glasses. I went back over their website and couldn't find that info. Also after a closer look, they are not real gothic arch tracing, they just use an adjustable pin to record a vertical dimension. Without the ability to adjust the plane of the gothic arch tracing it would not be successful every time. I'm not sure I like the impression technique either. Especially changing the impression after the bite. :eek:

Edit; I only looked under premium plus. It seems that type is not milled.

Last edited:
G

Gita

Reaction score
ivostar is good teeth?

Not so bad.... and is about the highest priced teeth that's on the market here...
3USD-3.5USD
The standard/ low quality is about 1-2USD...
Higher price teeth never available here... if u want to buy, u have to order, pay first and 3 months later it will come.... :p

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Yes it is entirely possible that this is just a front for another sweatshop contracting out to offshore labs and bypassing critical care stages in conventional denture services....

It to me would require some sort of validation which they fail to provide likely due to protectionism....I agree about esthetic contouring being absent from their plan...and also agree that it is not a true pin tracing although it could be integrated into a clinical procedure....not that it is absolutely necessary.

3 shape has a software package for partial denture design...which can be printed and cast...so it is conceivable that it can be accomplished....

I can only suppose that this shows promise....because ultimately we all work from algorithms we have individually learned and follow...for example where to place the central incisor and cuspids.....

@Smilesetter.... I too am a bit leary of the impression technique....I am interested in Joseph Massads impression techniques as well and am taught the form fitted custom tray method for final impressions....no spacer....

But we must be cognisant of the fact that some technique like this could be looming on our horizon...and could possibly provide effective results.....

From a clinical point of view we are also taught the benefits of facebows and pin tracings.....and clincal remounts and other inta/extra/oral procedures.....

Our same instructors also teach us that there are many ways to skin a cat....

So even without a facebow transfer and pin tracing, it could conceivably provide a product for us which is modifiable intraorally.....ei with a Coble balancer....and end up with an equilibrated denture.....whether the equilibration is done intraorally or extraorally.

Our existence as Denturists has been borne from the premise that it is good for the patient to recieve a product made by the practitioner....from scratch....and that is what we are taught to do.

Will it phase us out of existence?..... Likely not....Is it something to recognize and be aware of?....likely yes....

Take care gentlemen....DS...

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
I've met with the developer of OneDenture. He has a very interesting concept. A requirement is to use their impression trays. The trays incorporate a vertical pin for establishing OVD. These can be border molded etc. The impression is scanned and all related information, including tooth shade and brand, is put into a proprietary computer system and a virtual wax-up is created. The idea was to eliminate as many material errors (stone shrinkage, wax shrinkage, etc).

The denture is then fabricated using this information, but it is not milled. It is done using an injection technique, and the actual name-brand denture teeth requested.

If a "wax-trial insertion" is wanted, then a cad/cam version is "printed" using a white opaque material, and this version can be tried in and verified. Additional notes (midline, etc) can be marked on this "try-in" and returned for correction before the final is fabricated.

I would like to see one done from start to finish, but it looks promising for someone interested in having a computer more involved in the fabrication of a denture. It seems similar to a cad/cam crown for the design stage but on a larger scale. It still requires quality information going in, in order to get a quality product coming out.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Today 08:12 PM - permalinkJoseph Minuk
Would anyone have any "experience or comments" of Larell One Step Dentures? This product may be used as an affordable alternative for those edentulous people that can not afford conventional dentures.
I will do something like this using these dentures only for economy set as you have suggested. I will do a quick impression using an injected impression material similar to accudent method. Then I will mount it using a simple putty bite again similar to the accudent method. Then I will shape the dentures because they are full arch and the base is made of thermo plastic. That way the first fit is on the models and make for a more accurate reline. Don't expect working and balancing to be accurate. They are only good in centric....Sometimes I need to plane the lowers down to almost flat to achieve working and balancing... For my practice which also includes nursing home visits to patients with behavioral problems, they cannot tolerate long involved procedures....so these are good for that....Also for those who are in a hurry as a temporary measure to be rebased or relined later on....I am charging about 1600 for a set of these so they are limited use especially when I use monoplane lowers with lingualized uppers for a standard insurance type setup.....no pin tracing or facebow with that....But the Laurells come with Meyerson teeth in a generic setup....there are five sizes...and all are class 1 occlusions and arches......although they do teach you how to modify them but man that can be a pain in the proverbial but......and esthetically are not that great....but some people like the two- three hours complete denture service.....but at my practise I always show people the differences between the different protocols of services.....so they understand they are getting a less than adequate denture product.....based strictly on economy and if the patient signs off on the limitations provided by this type of denture in the treatment plan...but when it comes to referrals these dentures do not generate much good feedback....most denturists
here in Edmonton will subscribe to one or two protocols to operate with such as BPS....I, in my clinical practise, offer five different protocols..... and with my standard dentures will offer several styles of occlusions.... monoplane lingualized with lowers set on standard 20 degree curve,, Dr French centric lines, and Meyerson cutter bars....all set up on curve....take care and keep well...maybe we will meet someday at a convention...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
This thread is 5 years old.
Edit: Thank you for your contribution, and dedication to answering his question.

Top Bottom