One-Click Crown design

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
"The AI might not be perfect, but the amount of time it save(s) makes it a very compelling tool, and this is a technology that is built to constantly make itself better" - DPR March 2023

And my take:
Don't let best be the enemy of better. Sure it's not going to be perfect right out of the gate... Were people talking trash about scanners, CAD/CAM, etc.?

How did not adapting to the competition work out for Kodak? Look for opportunities- not everything is threatening your existence.

"Gilbert’s research showed how executives who perceive threats are rigid in response; those who see opportunities are expansive."

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
They need Ai to get involved at the very start of the process.

I see it's already doing that with reading x-rays and charting and detecting carries.

Let's hope it's goes a step further and helps with implant placements and prep reduction guides.

I mean we kinda have these tools available already with CAD/CAM but for some reason no one really wants believe it and wants to bend the rules.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you don't know now you know.

there already is an entirely robotic automated implant placement tool called Yomi

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you can bet neocis is not advertizing it but is developing that same robot to do automated RC, prepwork.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
41HpJLliB1L._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

read a book my dudes

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I would assume this type of software capability will just be included with any new scanner/software within a year or two. It’ll be a nice selling point to get labs to upgrade.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
3shape already does this.

M

mmbh

Reaction score

I've tried it as it has evolved and added indications. I had to reject at least 1/2 of them. They just weren't up to par. I'm sure it will get better eventually.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score

3shape is but one player in this game, there are half a dozen active and advertizing competitors in this space that i know of, and given i used to work for one of them, i would know some of the actively quiet competitors too.

you have to buy the 3shape software to use the AI.

with Dentbird, you pay for nothing (no dongle, no license fees, no subscriptions) except the final designs and only once may 2023 rolls around. until then it remains completely free for all.

Axsys is actively partnering with Dentbird because Dentbird has shared their roadmap for teaching the AI how to do more than just single units. they have plans to develop the software into a robust and powerful suite, and have engineers actively working on it.

3shape's AI has been out since 2018 and been sh1t ever since. imagine for 5 years you have a D tier product you are pushing at A tier pricing. and why not, you are after all the only game in town!

its not worth all the money and hype.

at the Chicago show a guy told me it costs about 1.50$ to do a crown in 3shape's AI. except for the fact it took you spending 20k on 3shape.... yeah no it costs you a lot more than that.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
you can bet neocis is not advertizing it but is developing that same robot to do automated RC, prepwork.
I've seen it done already. I made a crown before the tooth was prepped and it fit perfectly when it was done

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
3shape is but one player in this game, there are half a dozen active and advertizing competitors in this space that i know of, and given i used to work for one of them, i would know some of the actively quiet competitors too.

with Dentbird, you pay for nothing (no dongle, no license fees, no subscriptions) except the final designs and only once may 2023 rolls around. until then it remains completely free for all.

Axsys is actively partnering with Dentbird because Dentbird has shared their roadmap for teaching the AI how to do more than just single units. they have plans to develop the software into a robust and powerful suite, and have engineers actively working on it.

3shape's AI has been out since 2018 and been sh1t ever since. imagine for 5 years you have a D tier product you are pushing at A tier pricing. and why not, you are after all the only game in town!

at the Chicago show a guy told me it costs about 1.50$ to do a crown in 3shape's AI. except for the fact it took you spending 20k on 3shape.... yeah no it costs you a lot more than that.
You can send exocad scans to automate

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score

We are already a 3Shape lab. I haven't used their AI yet, but we are going to try it out soon. I'm not looking for perfection. I'm looking for a crown design that another lab tech could spend 2 minutes adjusting to meet our design parameters before being exported to the mill. I see this as just another evolution in the tools we use to fabricate a crown. We still have to mill it, sinter it, finish it, stain it, and glaze it.