Older type mua help

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just trying to help out a clinician in identifying these older components in order to find new parts to help re restore this patient. This patients implants were placed in the 80's and i thought they were older calcitek or integral implants, but the mua has a rather aggressive wider screw thread and i notice that head of the mua has like a anti rotational mechanism built into it as well, i havent seen something like this in awhile and cant for the life of me remember what it was. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 50
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
N

Ncm

Reaction score
Thanks CoolHandLuke,
The slide share seems to have expired and so its no longer coming up. I will try to research the older branemarks.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
it hasn't expired, you can click through the arrows to slide 68. it just doesnt let embedded youtube.

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification, able to see the slides now.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Sorry but the implant looked like an internal connection, and did not look like any of the standard
abutments from Branemakr era.
More likely one of the Gerald Niznick type Screw Vent or other system. Notice the notches on the abutment -
should not take long for either Darwin or JoChen and their likes to point you the right direction.
LCM

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Thank you for the LCM, isnt Gerlad Niznick the guy that came up with implant direct , the company that bought out attachments international? May i inquire who Darwin and Jochen are? Thank you soo much for the help.
NCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Most welcome. There are legendary figures in the implant lab work like Darwin B (holding his last name for his privacy)
who started Attachments International with P Staubli who know the gamut of implant part, geometry, dimensions, thread pitch
information.
JoChen has been around this field for so long, he has good knowledge base and willing to share too. Pardon me for
not providing exhaustive list of people like them.
G N was the person who started a while ago and had the foresight to patent the 'internal connection' and was able to
spin off several generation of his implant company that was sold to the likes of Zimmer.
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
And BTW, I have worked with Calcitek and their Integral - and this does not look like theirs.
PDF catalog actually available online from Zimmer who acquired their line. Definitely not a Spline either.
An Xray would help too BTW
LCM

Attachments

• omniloc and integral catalog.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen that before. An X-ray of the implant might help zeroing in what brand this is

N

Ncm

Reaction score
Thank you all so far for the help, ive reached out to my Clincian to get the patient in to take an xray and both parties agreed happily as they know we are doing all we can to help. Here is an Xray of the current implants with the mua's. Thanks again. Ncm

Attachments

• IMG_19761.jpg
    IMG_19761.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 29
N

Ncm

Reaction score
Everyone , Thank You for the help and taking the time to read and respond to my post. My Clinician and I are very grateful for the collective knowledge and now we can finally get going on getting the parts we need for this patient, and a special Thank You to Darwin as well. Ncm

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Can't wait for COVID to be over so we can organize a meeting for forum members,
when we can give Darwin an official award, maybe a superhero cape that can be conferred to him on the stage.
He has saved so many situation for patients who don't even know how lucky they are.
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for COVID to be over so we can organize a meeting for forum members,
when we can give Darwin an official award, maybe a superhero cape that can be conferred to him on the stage.
He has saved so many situation for patients who don't even know how lucky they are.
LCM
I think he has long distance single handedly saved more rears, regrettable implant snafus, and new surgery than any one else on here.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
There is also others who so generously helped too, like JoChen/Genioss, etc.
Out of the kindness of their heart, so appreciated.
LCM

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There is also others who so generously helped too, like JoChen/Genioss, etc.
Out of the kindness of their heart, so appreciated.
LCM
I always forget JoChen. His avatar doesn't store in my head for some reason and there's nothing for me to hang data on.

SORRY @Jo Chen You are an awesome buttsaver too!

D

Darwin Bagley CDT

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just trying to help out a clinician in identifying these older components in order to find new parts to help re restore this patient. This patients implants were placed in the 80's and i thought they were older calcitek or integral implants, but the mua has a rather aggressive wider screw thread and i notice that head of the mua has like a anti rotational mechanism built into it as well, i havent seen something like this in awhile and cant for the life of me remember what it was. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
They are Abutment Complete for non-hex IMZ 4.0. Only source now for non-hex IMZ is Titan Implants. www.titanimplants.com Darwin