Ok. I am having an issue with acrylic "flash" around teeth after process.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Good GMP TE, try bottled water for second layer. If municipal water has added chlorine for spring the beta gypsum expansion rate changes. About my only thought your GMP is right on.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
You guys are working way too hard at this.......:)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
3 whole pages of staying on topic...WOW!

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the dentures after using Ivocron separator. Fresh out of the flask.
I use a medium buffalo brush in the hand-piece to remove the Ivocron from the teeth. Just a light brushing over and it's gone.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 67
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Why are you not using a wax solvent to clean the teeth before investing? Its the only thing I havent heard mentioned, sometimes you cant see a film of wax even with magnification.
Wax solvent can keep polymeric investment materials(pvs, etc) from setting and can also negatively affect separator.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the dentures after using Ivocron separator. Fresh out of the flask.
I use a medium buffalo brush in the hand-piece to remove the Ivocron from the teeth. Just a light brushing over and it's gone.
Why don't you shell blast it off?

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
My shellblaster pits the pink acrylic as well as the teeth. ... got the medium shells from Harbor Freight... before that I had the Patterson house brand-- same thing. I turned the pressure down to about 75# but it doesn't really work so good....I will post some pics of my cases that are cooling down like the dude above. No wax solvent and didn't really clean teeth b4 invest....

Last edited:
Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
I have never had a need for a shell blaster myself....

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Is the Ivocron like a paste or rubber coating that goes over the teeth before the stone? How about a pic of the teeth with it applied before the stone is poured in over it please? Very interested in this technique you have shared....

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
It is a clear thin coating and has a slightly rubbery quality. I use a small hobby paint brush that I trim to a point, just touch a small drop of Ivocron from the tube to the brush and apply to the teeth, just to the margins and in the interproximal areas, let dry and invest... Also it is OK to let it be for several hours as I sometimes do my finish waxing in the evening and invest the next day for processing. After processing it brushes off easily with the rotary brush at medium speed.... Have never burnt tooth while cleaning.
The images I posted are immediately after de-flasking, you see some light colored loose flaky material in the image ... That is the Ivocron after processing, the rubbery quality is gone after the cooking.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
OK.... I made a short video of the process of coating the teeth and will try to get it posted soon... Youtube seems to be having some problems this evening.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Thanks! I have to figure out how to get the pics from my phone onto the thread!

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
OK... Got the video to load so here ya go. Sorry about the quality did this from my phone last night and I am not a fan of doing vids.

First thing is make sure your margins are crisp, you want a good sharp border.
Here's the vid. Normally this takes me less than a minute to apply.
I will make a short vid of the removal process in a day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
OK... Got the video to load so here ya go. Sorry about the quality did this from my phone last night and I am not a fan of doing vids.

First thing is make sure your margins are crisp, you want a good sharp border.
Here's the vid. Normally this takes me less than a minute to apply.
I will make a short vid of the removal process in a day or two.

That is sure some beautiful, concise work there.... Ever since I started using some stronger magnification--- things are looking notso good over here ...lol.

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Here are a couple more things about the Ivocron separator process.
See the description in the pic.
And here is a short vid of the removal of Ivocron after processing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 6.52.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 6.52.58 PM.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom