Offsite business paper backups

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What do, or should, we keep as an offsite backup.
I have digital and paper of all receipts, invoices, case email conversations, prescriptions, and financials. That's easy and monthly.
What about other things?

Insurance policies sure come to mind, but what else?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
All real estate documents (sale or rental contracts)
Vendor account numbers
Equipment leases
Payroll records
Articles of Incorporation and annual meeting minutes
Proof of state licensure and tax registration documents
401(k) records

Most of the stuff is recorded and/or maintained somewhere that you could get another copy if you needed to, but in the event of the facility being damaged or unreachable, it would give you a lot of peace of mind to be able to put your hands on all the documents yourself

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
All real estate documents (sale or rental contracts)
Vendor account numbers
Equipment leases
Payroll records
Articles of Incorporation and annual meeting minutes
Proof of state licensure and tax registration documents
401(k) records

Most of the stuff is recorded and/or maintained somewhere that you could get another copy if you needed to, but in the event of the facility being damaged or unreachable, it would give you a lot of peace of mind to be able to put your hands on all the documents yourself
Thanks @Jason D

That last phrase is exactly where I'm headed. Another Hurricane Camille that took out much of the businesses here, 4ft of snow, Tornado, extreame shear wind event, multi-building fire.
I'm right between both places that would have copies and they are less than 3 blocks apart.

I'm not being overly paranoid if you think so. In the last 20 years we've been national news for snowfall record, had our bowling alley and a refridgeration plant both endure roof collapse from snow, a sheer wind event that took 2 weeks to recover 80%, ice storm that took down the power for over 800 sq miles around us plus it's associated destruction (had dentures due Monday when it landed Wed Eve.) Plus many other minor disasters and flood times. I live here why? Oh, yeah, there's trees to hide in if it all goes to pot. :)

Backups are good!

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Get a good fireproof safe (there's tons of used quality ones for sale) , bolt it down in yer basement and keep important stuff in there.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Get a good fireproof safe (there's tons of used quality ones for sale) , bolt it down in yer basement and keep important stuff in there.
Lab and flat both on 2nd floor. I think there'd be objections.

Generally I agree and would if 'twere possible.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Lab and flat both on 2nd floor. I think there'd be objections.

Generally I agree and would if 'twere possible.
You could look into leasing a safety deposit box at your local bank.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You could look into leasing a safety deposit box at your local bank.
I am. Hence this post.

When was the last time you actually got to say 'hence'? Funny sounding word.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
I am. Hence this post.

When was the last time you actually got to say 'hence'? Funny sounding word.
Indeed it may be heretofore unseen on these forums

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Indeed it may be heretofore unseen on these forums
Forsooth it would be a boon tousward, and all sundry particpants by their choice, for a general growth and deepening in flowery speech. Shall we not declare the last potion of this calendrical cycle to be used in such pursuits? For a certainty, it will greatly confound those with much learning and little knowledge who darken our doorsteps with a desire to disenmesh us from their practices.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
Verily, the amputation of this passage from it's place of belonging should have been most expected.