Offset milling Roland DWX-50

technician

technician

Reaction score
Hello recently my milling comes out with an offset:

Any one with results like this?
I did do a correct rotary axis but with no difference.
In Vpanel there's a tab were you can do a manual adjustment any one knows how this works?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Joakim
th_bridge2_zpssy9afpdw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

O

oscar102624

Reaction score
Hello recently my milling comes out with an offset:

Any one with results like this?
I did do a correct rotary axis but with no difference.
In Vpanel there's a tab were you can do a manual adjustment any one knows how this works?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Joakim
th_bridge2_zpssy9afpdw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the same problem! At first I thought it was a software issue. But then I remembers it not looking like that when we first bought the machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Your cables most likely need tensioning

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
You need to do an advanced calibration of the machine. Your Roland reseller can help do this. Most of the time you can make some small changes in calibration and get by without a wire tensioning, depending on the environment the machine and its age of course.

Our oldest Roland DWX-50 in our milling center "Lion-O" turned 5 years old a few months ago still running great!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You need to do an advanced calibration of the machine. Your Roland reseller can help do this. Most of the time you can make some small changes in calibration and get by without a wire tensioning, depending on the environment the machine and its age of course.

Our oldest Roland DWX-50 in our milling center "Lion-O" turned 5 years old a few months ago still running great!

Please tell me you named one of the machines Shnarf.

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score

Please tell me you named one of the machines Shnarf.

Yes! Although there has been much debate at CAP if Snarf is a real thundercat.

We have:
Lion-O
Tygra
Panthro
Cheetara
and Snarf

All Roland DWX-50's : )

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when milling you always want to eliminate as much of the Snarf as possible.

technician

technician

Reaction score

Hello and thank you for reply. So how difficult is it to tension the wires?

Sam-CAP

Sam-CAP

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for reply. So how difficult is it to tension the wires?

It's really best done by a certified Roland repair person. I've never personally done it but I've seen a bunch of them done. I think there is a big difference between simply tensioning them and replacing them. Give CAP a call and ask for someone in the service/repair department (Jason or Pete),they can give you an idea on cost if you send it in and maybe help describe the repair which might be helpful.

technician

technician

Reaction score
I did do the tensioning my self. My money machine works like a charm again:)
Thanks for all the help.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Same problem couple months ago. Changed burr and offset line went away. Cant remember what bur but CAP looked and knew what stage of milling it was happening. They never mentioned tentioning to me.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Same problem couple months ago. Changed burr and offset line went away. Cant remember what bur but CAP looked and knew what stage of milling it was happening. They never mentioned tentioning to me.
theres a lot of ways this line can happen. notably if the line appears on the inside of the unit as well as the outside. big part of diagnosing what is at fault.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've never seen offset lines inside of a crown...o_O

E

Evan Katz RDT

Reaction score
How many hours does your mill have on it? When was the last time you tightened or changed the collet.
The collet should be tightened every month or every 200 milling hours, whichever comes first.
I typically find that this can be fixed by simply tightening your collet or changing it depending on how many hours you've had the collet in for. I find collets need replacement after approx 600-800 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fernando Polanco

Fernando Polanco

Reaction score
When you calibrate the roland hold right shift then click OK you will see length correction

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Fernando Polanco

Fernando Polanco

Reaction score
Do the one with out holding right shift then the one holding right shift. Change your 1mm tool after 40 hrs of use. After this you can test the tools and pin.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

technician

technician

Reaction score
I've never seen offset lines inside of a crown...o_O
The offset was on the outside. Milling the inside is made in one go when the A axis has med the 180 turn, so there can't be any offset what I know about.

I don't think the burrs has anything to do with offsets. Offset is as I understand when the A axis does not align with one or more of the axis after it made the 180 turn.
Maybe I'm totally wrong if so please correct me.

Top Bottom