Occlusal staining on FC zi

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Zak, do you ever use the white HT+ and dip it, or do you only use the pre-shaded?
What was the base shade on this crown?

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
Zak, do you ever use the white HT+ and dip it, or do you only use the pre-shaded?
What was the base shade on this crown?

Very rarely do I use their pre-shaded. I find it too hard to get decent incisal coloring. I don’t recall the original shade, but I’m confident I used the incisal enhancers then dipped the crown.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Very rarely do I use their pre-shaded. I find it too hard to get decent incisal coloring. I don’t recall the original shade, but I’m confident I used the incisal enhancers then dipped the crown.

Like and Agree. That's why I'm still dipping Beyond Plus, which I believe uses the same Inc enhancers (blue 1,2,3) as Argen. I'm betting Argen gets it from Origin?

edit: just a follow up thought, Zak, Origin make a .5 I.E. Give them a call, chances are if you smile over the phone, they'll send you a free sample of it :)

Last edited:
Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
Like and Agree. That's why I'm still dipping Beyond Plus, which I believe uses the same Inc enhancers (blue 1,2,3) as Argen. I'm betting Argen gets it from Origin?
A quick look at Origin’s site says they offer enhancers in 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0 while Argen only offers the three. I see no reason why they would not try to sell all five if it is indeed the same product, but the suggested application seems identical.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A quick look at Origin’s site says they offer enhancers in 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0 while Argen only offers the three. I see no reason why they would not try to sell all five if it is indeed the same product, but the suggested application seems identical.

You caught me in an edit with the 0.5 version. Maybe Agren knows there are people out there like me who would just buy the 1,2,3 and mix them
1:1 to get the .5 shades? Maybe Origin would only sell to Argen in that way, if that's the case.

I did watch a Argen rep during a lab meeting table coloring demonstration and asked him
if Argen got their I.E. from Origin, and he just smiled and said, maybe.

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
You caught me in an edit with the 0.5 version. Maybe Agren knows there are people out there like me who would just buy the 1,2,3 and mix them
1:1 to get the .5 shades? Maybe Origin would only sell to Argen in that way, if that's the case.

I did watch a Argen rep during a lab meeting table coloring demonstration and asked him
if Argen got their I.E. from Origin, and he just smiled and said, maybe.

That all but confirms it! Thank you for the information.