Occlusal Clearance with SP/CG Issues

user name

user name

Reaction score
How 'bout making cusp supports out of a few 18ga. sprue loops to keep the coping light and fill it in with a bake of shoulder porc. like a hollow pontic?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK, you can't have two alloys in the mouth at once.:rolleyes: Even though one is completly sealed under the other.

You guys are silly as Silly-Putty! HA

It's work ain't it? Charge for it!

I believe it would be 1/2 the cost of what we are talking about.

Silly_Putty.png

As a matter of fact, I'd go ahead cement the two together in my lab, and I bet the Doc would be that much happier by me saving him time and money. I'd probably use this Cement. What do you think about them apples?

Last edited by a moderator:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
2 dissimilar alloys on different parts of the periodic table are likely to have a galvanic response. NP to Gold is a good example. Of course guys have been doing cast posts in NP with Gold crowns for years with the stigma that the cement is the buffer between the units.

Truth is its twice the labor to have your client save on alloy. I personally would wax the unit weigh it and make a call with the cost difference for the alloy you may stock.

Ever had a lug-nut in your mouth Jonny?:D I hate NP alloy and do not offer it. I believe I suggested using a cheaper Silver Alloy.

Where is the water and salt going to come from to have a Galvanic reaction if it's sealed?

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Do you like my letter in the pic?

Somehow I keep getting email spam from 3M with special offers.(I hate spam!)

I decided to take them up on that.:D

I made up a ficticious Doc named......

Doc. Richard Comshot

a.k.a. D1ck Comshot

3M accepted my submission and sent me free cement.

Thanks 3M!:)

I do not feel bad because I have spend over a couple Million dollars with 3M.

I joke with all the gents and gals there on a daily basis. You guys wouldn't

believe it! I'm laughing right now with tears of joy!

John deleted this prank of mine in the "Jokes" section. I have no idea why, I post much worse stuff. I seriously doubt you will get 3M as an advertiser on this site, but If I'm wrong, I'll eat a buffalo turd.

BTW, the cement went to another 3M customer. (Maybe 3M is watching?) Servdent Ceramics in VA Beach. They had seven employees at my lab this past weekend doing some training. I wanted them to start cementing their own implants, and gave them the info and tools to sell Lava implants. So, in the end, I really helped 3M!

I love 3M, and really wouldn't suggest you guys mess around like I do. I'm a professional, LOL Just like John!

If you don't like the extra labor, then it's time to re-think your occupation. Just my opinion. I kinda like work, because it makes me money. If the doc pays the same or less, and I make more....well, I don't have to explain the basics of business now, do I?

Last edited:
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Very subtle with the cement pic ***,,,,,HAHAHAHA

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Weigh the wax-up, get a ball park charge for a couple of alloys and let them choose. I have Docs. that only use high noble but have no problem going to noble on heavy bridges or implant crowns and others who will hear the price and still go with high noble. As long as they know up front and make the choice, there won't be a problem. Rob

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Do you like my letter in the pic?

John deleted this prank of mine in the "Jokes" section. I have no idea why, I post much worse stuff. I seriously doubt you will get 3M as an advertiser on this site, but If I'm wrong, I'll eat a buffalo turd.

Scott its apparent you find this letter so funny that even after we deleted it the first time you didn't get the message. I explained to you that its not appropriate for this site. There are plenty of places on the net that is, go find them for this type of stuff.

Secondly if you know you are posting "Stuff that is way worse" why do you do it? Again we welcome your participation in the site as it relates to dental technology, just try and realize there are rules and they will be enforced.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Scott its apparent you find this letter so funny that even after we deleted it the first time you didn't get the message. I explained to you that its not appropriate for this site. There are plenty of places on the net that is, go find them for this type of stuff.

Secondly if you know you are posting "Stuff that is way worse" why do you do it? Again we welcome your participation in the site as it relates to dental technology, just try and realize there are rules and they will be enforced.

Oh Jesus, here we go again........popcorn

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Rob your not helping, go to your corner.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
LOL,,,,yeay Rob, NOW! LOL

L

lil_leftee

Reaction score
Some great suggestions

The one about the "top-hat" idea with NP -- wouldn't that affect patients with allergies?

And yeah, I guess calling the doctor would be the best thing to do -- the only problem is, I'm an employee working under a stubborn/arrogant employer who doesn't contact doctors unless there's an issue that definitely has no way of fixing (i.e contact on abutment to opposing, no shade given, etc lol)

So in the end, I would get blamed >_> which really pisses me off, but gotten use to it these past years..

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Some great suggestions

The one about the "top-hat" idea with NP -- wouldn't that affect patients with allergies?..

Then don't use NP. I've only said it a couple of times now.

Use a Silver alloy with half the specific gravity, and 1/6 the cost.

However, I doubt the NP alloy would actually end up leaching, because its covered 100%. Just don't take it to the margin. Gheez Louise.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score

It is that funny.

Did I ever tell you guys about the naked lady coping? I once designed a Zirconia coping with legs and arms and genetalia of a woman and sent it to 3M to have them mill it for me. Years ago. It was incredible! OMG I still start laughing at that. I was imagining the reaction of the innocent guys in MN as they opened the file with horror! BOOO!

Ahhh, good memories!

P

pit-stain

Reaction score
if the crown is going to weigh more than average we always let the Dr know first before it's cast and give the Dr other metal options that cost less.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Stick a couple 18ga. loops on the occ. where your cusps will be. Youll still get the structural support, then do your first build with shoulder porc. Kinda like a hollow pontic.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I realize this is a revived old thread...but alloy costs going up presents a good opportunity to sell your Doctors on e.max or some of the other milled mono options.

Top Bottom