not easy to explain. or understand.. or accept...

P

paulg100

Reaction score
whilst its great to know how all this works, ultimately what matters is how well the data stacks up from in-vivo study.

If we have a material here with absolutely NO chemical bond between its components but significant numbers of restorations are lasting 10-15 or 20 years, the fact that there is no bond is completely irrelivant.

weve been milling zr in house for aprrox 12 years now. Our recorded failure rates have been only marginaly higher than PFM.

your putting so much effort into this , but what are you actually trying to prove or achieve?

all i care about is whether the layered zr crowns im sending out will last, and so far there lasting fine.

ive had 2 x 3 unit zr bridges on my front upper 6 anteriors since ZR hit the scene. The only reason i ever had to replace them is because i ground my face into the floor when i was drunk, other than that, never a single problem.

"Going to show while there has been thousands made that their is a high probability of chipping and delaminaton in the near future."

what do you call near future? and what do you regard as the acceptable life span of an all ceramic restoration?

We already have data for chipping and de-lamination and with the correct protocols the CRA study shows that it is comparable to pfm.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Paul,You're obviously lying through your teeth...or what's left of them!:brushteeth:

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
whilst its great to know how all this works, ultimately what matters is how well the data stacks up from in-vivo study.

If we have a material here with absolutely NO chemical bond between its components but significant numbers of restorations are lasting 10-15 or 20 years, the fact that there is no bond is completely irrelivant.

weve been milling zr in house for aprrox 12 years now. Our recorded failure rates have been only marginaly higher than PFM.

your putting so much effort into this , but what are you actually trying to prove or achieve?

all i care about is whether the layered zr crowns im sending out will last, and so far there lasting fine.

ive had 2 x 3 unit zr bridges on my front upper 6 anteriors since ZR hit the scene. The only reason i ever had to replace them is because i ground my face into the floor when i was drunk, other than that, never a single problem.

"Going to show while there has been thousands made that their is a high probability of chipping and delaminaton in the near future."

what do you call near future? and what do you regard as the acceptable life span of an all ceramic restoration?

We already have data for chipping and de-lamination and with the correct protocols the CRA study shows that it is comparable to pfm.

CatamountRob likes this. Especially section 6. :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
got a big flight tomorrow thanks..:sleep:2

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Paul,You're obviously lying through your teeth...or what's left of them!"

lol, no lie :)

last time i did it (its happened twice),was with me brother (the dentist) in a night club, which was just around the corner from his practice.

So we went back to his surgery at like 3am so he could make me a set of temps... he was drunk as well..

got home and when i finally woke up in the morning, the temps were hilarious :madgrin:

EDIT: so i guess you could say ZR does have a higher rate of chipping.. or more like smashing!

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

last time i did it (its happened twice),was with me brother (the dentist) in a night club, which was just around the corner from his practice.

So we went back to his surgery at like 3am so he could make me a set of temps... he was drunk as well..

got home and when i finally woke up in the morning, the temps were hilarious :madgrin:

Epic !!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Next time I'm on that side of the pond, I want to go out drinking
with you and your brother.

I'd like to learn some new techniques for making temps with one eye open.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
a proper british smile... i can picture it now!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i finally figured out what the first post reminded me of, the debut of the cookie monster, on the ed sullivan show.

Last edited by a moderator:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
And your supposed to research this to make $99 crowns??????

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
electrstatics is the attraction that I get a charge out of.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
But, it is easy to explain, understand, and accept.

rkm, you posted one like this about 1 - 2 years ago, that was even better, but I couldn't find it.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Everyone once in awhile, I wonder where Disturbed is now. I can't even begin to imagine how he is handling the pandemic.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
But, it is easy to explain, understand, and accept.

rkm, you posted one like this about 1 - 2 years ago, that was even better, but I couldn't find it.

I can't even remember what I posted yesterday.

Top Bottom