not easy to explain. or understand.. or accept...

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I wonder how the Op is coping with covid.1984
He hasn't posted since 2017, but he's turned into a lurker. He was last here in January of this year.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If he turns into a lunker then maybe Crob will catch him.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I think JW knew who he was for some reason.
Some of my favorite responses to him were from JW :) I was a zirc noob back then so I didn't know what everyone was talking about, but it was pretty obvious who I shouldn't be listening to.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
JW being here is like the adult sitting at the kids table at Thanksgiving.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
not a ceramist, no idea

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
is there any porcelain brand in the market that has better bond to Ziconia frameworks?

I would tend to think it's more of the foundation, bonding agent, i.e. Creation Frameshade NT, e.max ZirLiner etc. more than the porcelain itself.

Also, slow cooling of the bakes and glazes.

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
thats why the dentists shouldnt use phosphoric acid to clean their crowns as it interferes with zi primers when bonding.this is referencing back to disturbeds original post its worth a read. as far as porcelain chipping i havnt had one chip in years and i dont use zirliner i use many different porcelains on the one crown depending on what i want. .I was part of a paper many years ago on porcelain bonding to Zi frames the secret is slow heating and slow cooling as zi is a poor heat conductor. Thanks god all the neigh sayers were wrong think of all the crowns we would have had to remake if all the biased predictions came true.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
thats why the dentists shouldnt use phosphoric acid to clean their crowns as it interferes with zi primers when bonding.this is referencing back to disturbeds original post its worth a read. as far as porcelain chipping i havnt had one chip in years and i dont use zirliner i use many different porcelains on the one crown depending on what i want. .I was part of a paper many years ago on porcelain bonding to Zi frames the secret is slow heating and slow cooling as zi is a poor heat conductor. Thanks god all the neigh sayers were wrong think of all the crowns we would have had to remake if all the biased predictions came true.
Just to add one more thing, keep the functional parts in zirconia and only layer in non -functional areas!

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Just to add one more thing, keep the functional parts in zirconia and only layer in non -functional areas!
This man is amazing and a friend. Have followed his work for decades and imho the most knowledgeable dentist on bonding that I know of.
Hopefully the link works.

Enjoy

G

grantoz

Reaction score
yes i know Nasser he is great at bonding Zi ive seen him speak a number of times .i was invited to set up a stand at one of his talks in Oz showing what was possible with Zi back when everyone thought it was only white cores. his son is a very nice guy as well.

Top Bottom