Non prep veneers

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well, there is your answer... Even in HT, BL3 is pretty white ;). At the end, it is a case to case decision. But, I haven't used many HTs, since the Value/MT ingots came out.
i guess i was referring to ivoclar advice.
they specifically told me NOT to press too thick with HT ingots as it will grey out according to them. i have many many units now to dis-prove that theory from ivoclar central. i mean HUGE, THICK, MASSIVE chompers with zero greying. the one central (yes i said central) was 14mm thick from prep tip to incisal edge. and the shade is still spot on, not a hint of greying.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Would you trust those on no prep veneers, where were still not sure what the underlying tooth color is, and the possible .3 - .5mm thickness?
On all my posteriors I use the HTs 1 step lighter and don't have any graying issues either, maybe because they're thick enough, especially occlusally?
each case varies so significantly that i cant say for certain what i would do. majority of thin/no prep/peg lateral cases ive made with LT ingots, slight cutbacks, and trans/character laying with either emax or LiSi.
a handful of units i have had to use an MO ingot with layering...not super thrilled with how they turned out, but Dr and patient BOTH were...so i can call those a win too.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
So what happen to GarryB ?.' He is not answering and lurking here.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Hey
GarryB ,
So we are posting and sharing and we are trying to answer your questions and you mark my post with dislike?. Amazing!!. I hope that you just made a mistake and you still could correct it.Hmmmm2

We correct each other here in a friendly way we do not mark dislike.
Hey Tayeb,
Not sure what happened or even how I did that!!
I am so sorry if I caused offence but I must have pressed something by mistake.
I'll retract my dislike...... When I find out how to do it :)
I've had some great advice on this issue and thank all who have contributed.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
So what happen to GarryB ?.' He is not answering and lurking here.
I'm definitely not lurking.......I'm in the UK and on a different time to you guys. I'm now sat in a coffee shop enjoying my only day off...... Living the dream, oh and catching up with DLN. Cheers.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey

Hey Tayeb,
Not sure what happened or even how I did that!!
I am so sorry if I caused offence but I must have pressed something by mistake.
I'll retract my dislike...... When I find out how to do it :)
I've had some great advice on this issue and thank all who have contributed.
GarryB,

Don't let these guys bully you. Everyone here is guilty of fat fingering from time to time.Ciao

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
:D

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
And the dislike is removed and all is good in the dental world again:)
Why are those like and dislike buttons so close to each other? Any poor unsuspecting tired dental technician could catch the wrong one with a misplaced finger :)
im pretty sure just about everyone has a fat finger dislike under their belt lol

Top Bottom