Noble biocare ucla implant

N

Nobody perfect

Reaction score
We have many problem with Noble biocare ucla implant.
After 2nd bake
We get cracked porcelain almost every case but only it happen noble biocare implant.
We use semiprecious metal.
20191022_162948.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
where is your lab maybe give your metal supplier a call .

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
My experience is that when cast metal is thin like .2 or less over abutment part or part is exposed without coverage from casting I’ve seen this same cracking. The solution I found was to not be thinner than .3-.5 thickness over the part with new metal, also if too thin or exposed part is visible, I cover the area with a gold coat material before opaquing. Saves the day every time.

W

Willard

Reaction score
Best I remember UCLA gold adapts don’t play well with palladium.

N

Nobody perfect

Reaction score
We use metal 76sf argen metal.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We have many problem with Noble biocare ucla implant.
After 2nd bake
We get cracked porcelain almost every case but only it happen noble biocare implant.
We use semiprecious metal.
View attachment 34087
Are you doing screw retained with a large mass of metal?
Where is it cracking? I'm wondering if the large mass is showing the full CTE and your porc set is in the range for a smaller mass which will have overall less expansion but is not working out when there is more metal.

I did dozens and dozens of these using Jensen Superior which is 50% Pd and never had an issue.

What I'm suggesting is the metal is (making up round numbers here, not real numbers) 10-12CTE and the porc kit is 9-11CTE. They work fine for most things, but larger masses of metal will expand more.

If that doesn't make sense. Think of stone. It has a set expansion ratio of (for VelMix Classic) .09%. That's 9mm per meter, only .09cm. But pour 3 meters of it and you now have .27cm! And anything trying to encompass that will have to stretch more.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
You should use the DESS chrome cobalt abutments or all plastic abutments. Both FDA approved, both with lifetime replacement warranty on the original implant and DESS abutment. Cost a fraction of what you are paying from Nobel. For the chrome cobalt we have IFU documents and list of materials that will work with them. Please visit us at www.dess-usa.com if we can assist you further.

Attachments

• Nobel Replace Compatible Components - DESS USA 2019-2.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
Z

ztech

Reaction score
Use either the Dess or if your doc is a stickler about using high noble, make sure you have more porcelain alloy over the parent alloy of the UCLA. The CTE of the UCLA is not matched to the porcelain, it is for the adhesion of the cast alloy.