Nobel Replace Conical connection

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I see Nobel came out with the conical connection for the old replace. The replace use to be a tri-lobed connection and the Nobel active is a conical connection. Now Nobel did away with the tri-lobed replace and made a replace conical connection. My question is can you use a Nobel active conical connection scanbody in this rather new replace conical connection?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I do not have the answer, and this is the first time I hear of this. Is it that they kept the implant design and changed the connection?

But following the implant companies logic, like having a different screw, connection, diameter etc etc, in every combination possible, I would think it is not posible. But maybe I am wrong...

While we are talking about Nobel, are they changing over all their abutments to the Elos brand? Is Elos part of Nobel? It is only getting more complicated...

doug

doug

Reaction score
There are Nobel Replace Tri-lobe, and Nobel Replace Conical implants. what am I missing, Rob. I have a doc who use a tri-lobe scan body in a conical. How am I supposed to know they made a mistake? They are paying a lot of money to me for that screw-up.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
this isn't new, its been confusing the s* out of me for years...
use the scan body for the platform, nothing has changed there. Nobel Replace Conical Implant. fixed it.

now ive gotta go look at the catalog.. they have a pdf out on this somewhere

Last edited:
KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Just have your drs use all Elos scan bodies and make them right down the part number of the scan body. For instance the SA 2b-b applies to all conical connection nobels, including the replace conical connection. As far as I’m aware, the Nobel active RP, NP, and other one I cant remember right now are all the same as the Nobel replace connical connection RP, NP, and ?Wp?

At least when it comes to the scan bodies they the same. I’m not sure of the actual difference in the implant. I should load them both up in the surgical guide software so I can see what the difference is.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
I said this here before. I provide all of my accounts with scanbodies for the platforms they restore. I can't sit with them and make sure they choose the right one. The TruAbutment scan bodies have the specific information, easy to read,right on them.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
You are correct.
NobelReplace CC and NobelParallel CC share the same connection as NobelActive.

NobelReplace Trilobe is still circulating so you might encounter older cases (don’t throw away your components and scan bodies).

The idea is offering the Replace root-shaped implant, but with a clinically superior connection (CC).
Tri-Channel/trilobe suffers from micro pumping like all buttjoint connections and CC provides a better seal, so they attached the CC head to the Replace body and that’s how you got ReplaceCC.

NobelParallelCC stems from a similar idea, but with the Branemark style body.

All the CC share the same replicas and scan bodies. For the lab, they are treated the same.

They do have a new implant coming out (N1) and that will be a new connection.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
You are correct.
NobelReplace CC and NobelParallel CC share the same connection as NobelActive.

NobelReplace Trilobe is still circulating so you might encounter older cases (don’t throw away your components and scan bodies).

The idea is offering the Replace root-shaped implant, but with a clinically superior connection (CC).
Tri-Channel/trilobe suffers from micro pumping like all buttjoint connections and CC provides a better seal, so they attached the CC head to the Replace body and that’s how you got ReplaceCC.

NobelParallelCC stems from a similar idea, but with the Branemark style body.

All the CC share the same replicas and scan bodies. For the lab, they are treated the same.

They do have a new implant coming out (N1) and that will be a new connection.
I just ran into one of these cases a couple weeks ago. Spent some time on the google machine until I figured out they could be treated the same as the CC with Nobel Active

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, first time I seen one come through digitally and it was after hours. Who knew, now I know!!!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Yeah, the Replace brand was used because of the name recognition probably, but as they say,
the devil is in the details so you need to make sure it says or not say "CC" after the Replace
which would refer to the Conical Connection at the platform.
As such, any CC is the same Nobel Active connection (but need to make sure RP vs NP).
Hope that helps,
LCM

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
There are Nobel Replace Tri-lobe, and Nobel Replace Conical implants. what am I missing, Rob. I have a doc who use a tri-lobe scan body in a conical. How am I supposed to know they made a mistake? They are paying a lot of money to me for that screw-up.
And that's how people learn to do their due diligence and research.
At least they recognize their own problem and pay you for their error,
instead of blaming the lab 👍
LCM

Top Bottom