Nobel ASC rotated orientation

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with sending a file to Nobel for an abutment to be milled and having it come back in the wrong orientation? Got an ASC back that's turned half a flat. I know the scan body was the right one and in the right orientation. Their tech says it might have got corrupted in the transfer? We sent in again as a remake and they're supposed to check it to see if it's like the bad one. Of course this is on a big case that we now had to cancel. :rolleyes:

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I would try getting ahold of someone in their milling center in New Jersey. It's been a few years but in my experience people at the milling center might actually take a look at the problem and see what might have happened. If you call the main support they will make up things about the file being corrupted, or 3shape has something locked so they couldn't have known, or they might say the whole system is automated and no human hands were involved so it couldn't possibly be their fault. My experience is also to do as much QC and diagnostics as is possible on your end because honesty wasn't their strong suite.

On another note, if the scan body is Elos, which I would guess it is for Nobel, compare the scan body used to a new one, or another of the same platform if you don't have a new one available. The scan part and the ti base part can become separated over time and I don't know if when that happens the clocking can also become off.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I have a few scanbodies and they are in very good shape. They are Elos. I don't use them often.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
Ok, I just had an elos separate by about .5mm once and I definitely thought the issue was on Nobel's part for a minute because of past issues. I would try to get in touch with the actual facility where they do production

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
Try reorienting the metal piece at the bottom of the ASC. It fits three different ways

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Without separating it, the orientation was wrong. Separating them and trying all three spots didn't correct the placement.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
It sounded good, but it would have only worked if the asc interface was a hex and your implant interface was a triangle, which wouldn't ever be the case. I didn't think it all the way through the first time I read it

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We used ELOS Nobel for a bit. They were always off. It's their orientation vs. the scan body orientation, nad they 3rd party out the printing. Too many variables. We fixed it by using another suppliers scan bodies and having them the models printed from another company. It works.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I might look into other brands. This was on a stone model.

Top Bottom