Nobel 2G

D

ddhi

Reaction score
I am having problems with my Nobel 2G . i came preinstalled from a local dealer. As the window upgraded to window 10 i start receiving a message scanner not initiated and time out. i installed Windows 7 and reinstalled the scanner on it but with the same message. Nobel Biocare is not providing any help as its discounted product.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I am having problems with my Nobel 2G . i came preinstalled from a local dealer. As the window upgraded to window 10 i start receiving a message scanner not initiated and time out. i installed Windows 7 and reinstalled the scanner on it but with the same message. Nobel Biocare is not providing any help as its discounted product.
Not to be a downer, but I would try to clean your hands of that scanner and get an open system. Any particular reason you chose this scanner? I know that Nobel locks some of their products to force people to use there system, but any product that Nobel has locked you can get something better elsewhere

D

ddhi

Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I would try to clean your hands of that scanner and get an open system. Any particular reason you chose this scanner? I know that Nobel locks some of their products to force people to use there system, but any product that Nobel has locked you can get something better elsewhere
Thanks alot but i was just try to find what went wrong. is there any special drivers I am missing? any one having the same problem

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
The 2G Scanner will not work with Windows 10 unfortunately. Some internal components (namely the camera, maybe others) do not have a Windows 10 compatible driver.
The only fix is to revert your Windows install to Windows 7, but this is a risky solution since Windows 7 is no longer receiving regular security updates from Microsoft.

Nobel can probably trade you for their more recent Kavo LS3 scanner, which is a good performer (rebranded SmartOptics Vinyl scanner).

As others have pointed out, moving to an open scanner and software would be more useful and would allow you to use the system for all implant companies and milling centres. If you are used to DTX Studio software, you can keep your licence and import STL files generated by any scanner (intramural or lab desktop scanners). You might have to talk with your Nobel Lab rep to determine the type of licence you currently have and shell out some money to upgrade it, but it's basically a fully fledged Exocad system at that point with STL import and Export.

The 2G has had its heyday, but it is past its prime. You'll gain tons of time with a newer scanner that takes 2min to calibrate instead of 45min, scans upper and lower arches in <2min instead of 30 min.

Sure, it'll cost you, but you'll make it back in productivity.

D

ddhi

Reaction score
The 2G Scanner will not work with Windows 10 unfortunately. Some internal components (namely the camera, maybe others) do not have a Windows 10 compatible driver.
The only fix is to revert your Windows install to Windows 7, but this is a risky solution since Windows 7 is no longer receiving regular security updates from Microsoft.

Nobel can probably trade you for their more recent Kavo LS3 scanner, which is a good performer (rebranded SmartOptics Vinyl scanner).

As others have pointed out, moving to an open scanner and software would be more useful and would allow you to use the system for all implant companies and milling centres. If you are used to DTX Studio software, you can keep your licence and import STL files generated by any scanner (intramural or lab desktop scanners). You might have to talk with your Nobel Lab rep to determine the type of licence you currently have and shell out some money to upgrade it, but it's basically a fully fledged Exocad system at that point with STL import and Export.

The 2G has had its heyday, but it is past its prime. You'll gain tons of time with a newer scanner that takes 2min to calibrate instead of 45min, scans upper and lower arches in <2min instead of 30 min.

Sure, it'll cost you, but you'll make it back in productivity.
Thanks alot for your valuable and honest advice