No Flame malfunctions

L

Luc90047

Reaction score
The red lights on our No Flame Plus units flash rapidly when the units are turned on, but the lights never turn green. Any suggestions or remedies?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
First thought is the coil may have either fused(shorted) or fractured (no energy path)and may need replacing.

Feel handy with a multimeter? Open and see if the heating coil has continuity (10-20 ohms or very close) if it reads 0 ohms at the board, it's probably shorted.

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
Also, check the fan. My fan mount broke and it wouldn't work. I opened it up, cleaned the massive amounts of dust in there, glued the fan mount back in, and it works fine again.

L

Luc90047

Reaction score
First thought is the coil may have either fused(shorted) or fractured (no energy path)and may need replacing.

Feel handy with a multimeter? Open and see if the heating coil has continuity (10-20 ohms or very close) if it reads 0 ohms at the board, it's probably shorted.

Thanks. I am not handy with anything electrical. But I will have it checked out.

L

Luc90047

Reaction score
Also, check the fan. My fan mount broke and it wouldn't work. I opened it up, cleaned the massive amounts of dust in there, glued the fan mount back in, and it works fine again.

Thanks. Fan appears to be working properly. That was the first thing I checked.

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity? There is a little black "button" recessed into the bottom of the housing. Sometimes that is all it needs; you just need something like a flat head screwdriver to turn it.

We see a number of them come in for service, and it's either the sensitivity that needs to be adjusted, or something on the board has shorted, like JMN mentioned.

M

MrTommy

Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity? There is a little black "button" recessed into the bottom of the housing. Sometimes that is all it needs; you just need something like a flat head screwdriver to turn it.

We see a number of them come in for service, and it's either the sensitivity that needs to be adjusted, or something on the board has shorted, like JMN mentioned.
I know this is an old thread, but I just stumbled upon it after having issues with my NoFlame. I was getting the continuous blinking red light. Adjusting the sensitivity was spot on. Our maintenance guy here gave up and said it was unsalvageable after fixing the fan, but not able to get it to heat up because he couldn't find anything else wrong with it. Thanks! It's working perfectly now after some adjusting back and forth.

D

Dentureguru

Reaction score
I realize this post is several years old but hoping you’ll see this. Im having fan issues with my no flame but when trying to open the unit I’m not seeing screws. It seems they used some type of rivet. How did you manage to gain access to the fan?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I realize this post is several years old but hoping you’ll see this. Im having fan issues with my no flame but when trying to open the unit I’m not seeing screws. It seems they used some type of rivet. How did you manage to gain access to the fan?
A drill, and reclose with either nut and bolt(run a hole all the way out for the other end of the bolt) or self tapping screw

Top Bottom