Night guard

B

Bassam

Reaction score
I am using Nobillium impak elastic acrylic resin but it is not available right now in Canada, any advice what is the closest to use instead.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
I like ClearSplint much better-like way better. It’s probably 3 times the cost BUT, you process at 52 C for an hour. So easy to spin out in one day.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Clear splint is fantastic and everyone should use it.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Before I started outsourcing my nightguards, I used Clear splint as well.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
And it comes out crystal clear with no extra effort. It can be processed in hydrocolloid as a pour technique as well although I don’t do it that way.

B

Bassam

Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I am going to try clear splint.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
clearsplint is great stuff. been using it for 10 years and milling it for the last year. i won't use anything else.

D

David Laville

Reaction score
Who makes Clearsplint?

D

David Laville

Reaction score
How hard is Clearsplint? I use to make Impak splints for a lab I worked at and most of the dentist didn't like them because they said they were too soft and caused the patient to clench even harder. Are they hard/flexible or soft/flexible?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Its Thermal active Hard/Flexible. Its basically the in-between of pure hard acrylic and thermal, leaning more towards the hard side if i had to choose.

S

shawnk

Reaction score
clearsplint is great stuff. been using it for 10 years and milling it for the last year. i won't use anything else.
i have been trying it but it always has bubbles and white spots

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sounds like date night for The Lab Guy.

G

GroovY

Reaction score
I'm using Clearsplint since I couldn't buy impak in Canada. I want to ask you guys. Whatever I do, I got little bubbles after curing. I tried mixing well and I tried mixing less with proper ratio. It's not big deal caz it's not serious too many. But it didn't happen with Impak. Any suggestions? I cured in pressured pot. Any Tips for me? :(

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I'm using Clearsplint since I couldn't buy impak in Canada. I want to ask you guys. Whatever I do, I got little bubbles after curing. I tried mixing well and I tried mixing less with proper ratio. It's not big deal caz it's not serious too many. But it didn't happen with Impak. Any suggestions? I cured in pressured pot. Any Tips for me? :(
The way we used to do it (We mainly print splints now) is you don't want to over mix since it adds air and then just slow pour it in. If you are getting a lot of bubbles hold it on a vibrating pad for a bit to help get the air out. Also make sure you soak your stone models in water for 10-15min before you pour the acrylic to help draw out any air in the stone, then quickly air blast it dry and pour as normal.

G

GroovY

Reaction score
The way we used to do it (We mainly print splints now) is you don't want to over mix since it adds air and then just slow pour it in. If you are getting a lot of bubbles hold it on a vibrating pad for a bit to help get the air out. Also make sure you soak your stone models in water for 10-15min before you pour the acrylic to help draw out any air in the stone, then quickly air blast it dry and pour as normal.
Thanks for sharing your tip. I will try for next case~