NexxZr + coloring advice

user name

user name

Reaction score
I know some of you are using NexxZr +. Its the only puck I have on hand thick enough for this big bridge. Its been so long since Ive used any, I need some advice. For colors,I have Changs, Zirkon Zahn Aquarell, Origin beyond Plus, Dental Direkt, and 3m Lava Plus. I hate to start playing all over again, but pending advice, Ill mill 5 centrals and hit them with each color and run a sinter cycle tonight. Itll be better than missing on the bridge and having to do a big one all over.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Last edited:
rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I know some of you are using NexxZr +. Its the only puck I have on hand thick enough for this big bridge. Its been so long since Ive used any, I need some advice. For colors,I have Changs, Zirkon Zahn Aquarell, Origin beyond Plus, Dental Direkt, and 3m Lava Plus. I hate to start playing all over again, but pending advice, Ill mill 5 centrals and hit them with each color and run a sinter cycle tonight. Itll be better than missing on the bridge and having to do a big one all over.

I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

Just buy a pre-shaded/Multilayer disc and save the headache? DontknowHmmmm2

user name

user name

Reaction score
Just buy a pre-shaded/Multilayer disc and save the headache? DontknowHmmmm2
Depending on how my test tabs look in the morning, you might be my next call.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Username, if you use the aquarell anterior per their instructions for brushing, it should come out close enough to stain.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
did you ever think that was going to happen patrick?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
did you ever think that was going to happen patrick?

Sure. I've tested some of the Auquarell on the Sagemax and that is one of the systems he had. If he had the Ivoclar liquids I would have suggested those as they would have been closer, but the case is due and he probably doesnt have time (or need) to buy another system.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, tabs were painted and fired. I didnt use any incisal effects; I just did the same gradient type application on all of them. Changs was closest, but Im not pleased at all with the translucency.They all look a bit dead. Ill be giving a multilayer a shot from @rc75 .

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
This is how I pay tuition. I milled itfrom NexxZr and Ill color it with Changs.
Im also going to do it with TD Dental precolored.
Aaand...Im going to do it with Origin Beyond+ white and dip it in their colors.

Theres still plenty of room for profit on this, plus Ill have the remains of the pucks for future work and I get some experience. Oh joy.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
This is how I pay tuition. I milled itfrom NexxZr and Ill color it with Changs.
Im also going to do it with TD Dental precolored.
Aaand...Im going to do it with Origin Beyond+ white and dip it in their colors.

Theres still plenty of room for profit on this, plus Ill have the remains of the pucks for future work and I get some experience. Oh joy.

Interesting....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use changs on nexxzr+, Ive tried the ivoclar liquid but its more pastel, it doesnt saturate fully, but havent spent much time trying to figure it out. Changs does the trick, but its all in amount of saturation you want. Ive grown tired of trying to match a liquid to it, too expensive to buy so many sets.