NextDent C&B BL turns out very translucent?

E

eriksb

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with prints shape wise, it's the color and translucency that's the problem. We use Anycubic Photon S and Mono X 6k printer. Instead of the nice bleach color it just turns out so translucent that I can't use it for making temporary constructions. We usually use our Formlabs printer and their resin but we've wanted to expand to open source. The NextDent resin is now expired according to the bottle but we've had this problem ever since we got it. We wonder if it could be a problem with this lot and if we should try and buy another one.
A comparison of the NextDent C&B BL and Formlabs CB B1:

The exposure times I found works best for other NextDents resins and that I use are:
Normal Exposure time: 17
Bottom Exposure time: 60
Bottom layers: 3

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with prints shape wise, it's the color and translucency that's the problem. We use Anycubic Photon S and Mono X 6k printer. Instead of the nice bleach color it just turns out so translucent that I can't use it for making temporary constructions. We usually use our Formlabs printer and their resin but we've wanted to expand to open source. The NextDent resin is now expired according to the bottle but we've had this problem ever since we got it. We wonder if it could be a problem with this lot and if we should try and buy another one.
A comparison of the NextDent C&B BL and Formlabs CB B1:

The exposure times I found works best for other NextDents resins and that I use are:
Normal Exposure time: 17
Bottom Exposure time: 60
Bottom layers: 3

I had the same issue with water washable resin that stayed in the tray for 3 days and the company’s answer was separation of the color pigmentation. So I emptied it in a bottle and shook it for a minute and all is good after.

E

eriksb

Reaction score
I had the same issue with water washable resin that stayed in the tray for 3 days and the company’s answer was separation of the color pigmentation. So I emptied it in a bottle and shook it for a minute and all is good after.
We normally shake the bottle and put it on our NextDent LC-3DMixer for 1 hour before printing (2.5 h first time). Every print since day one has turned out this way.