Nextdent 5100 printing Materials

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to use the ITero Model die material in a Nextdent 5100 ?
I know it’s bar coded but I’m sure there are ways around it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Is the Nextdent an open system? We have both the model resin for Formlabs and Asiga and are happy with both

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
In order to use the nextdent material I have to scan in bottle. I was wondering if anyone tried to get around that. I would like to try your material.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Can you fill one of the bottles with another type of resin and "fool" the system?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I might be missing something but I didn’t know iterror had a model resin. 🤔 The models
that can be ordered from iterror are milled.

SarahGalecki

SarahGalecki

Reaction score
We were also not happy with our NextDent and switched exclusively to our FormLab Printers. We have many brand new unopened bottles of NextDent Model 2.0 (Peach) for sale if you are interested.

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
I might be missing something but I didn’t know iterror had a model resin. 🤔 The models
that can be ordered from iterror are milled.
Oh Crap Thanks I did not realize that they were milled . That make total sense then. Who has the best Printed model material ?
I don't care for the Nextdent cause it feels soft to me? Are all printed Die materials like that?

3D DDS

Reaction score
The Nextdent 5100 can only print Nextdent resin well. The bar coding is only a small hurdle. The real problem is that there is no way to adjust exposure time or printer movement speeds to create the proper print parameters for any other resins. Even if a print were to be successful it would not reach the proper physical properties and may not be dimensionally accurate. Any scale factor adjustments built into the profile are for Nextdent model resin.

If you are finding the models "soft", this is an indication of a potential problem with your post processing technique. IPA of at least 90% is recommended and 99% will work best. Do not let parts stay submerged more than 5 minutes total. Make sure to rinse off the parts with water and dry thoroughly before putting them in the light cure box. Models should be cured in the UV light for 30 minutes.

The other thing to be aware of is that the model material needs to be rolled on the mixer for 2.5 hours prior to the 1st time you open the bottle. After that it should be mixed at least 5 minutes prior to adding new material to the resin tray. Make sure resin is well mixed in the tray prior to starting a print.

When done properly, the models should be very hard.

doug

doug

Reaction score
All of that makes me glad I got an Asiga

3D DDS

Reaction score
Asiga is open and also has many resins already validated in their software including the nextdent resins. Every printer has its strengths and weaknesses. However, the pre and post processing as far as mixing before printing and cleaning after printing would still be the same regardless of the printer used. This is based on the resin properties not the printer used.

S

Scott Raab

Reaction score
The Nextdent 5100 can only print Nextdent resin well. The bar coding is only a small hurdle. The real problem is that there is no way to adjust exposure time or printer movement speeds to create the proper print parameters for any other resins. Even if a print were to be successful it would not reach the proper physical properties and may not be dimensionally accurate. Any scale factor adjustments built into the profile are for Nextdent model resin.

If you are finding the models "soft", this is an indication of a potential problem with your post processing technique. IPA of at least 90% is recommended and 99% will work best. Do not let parts stay submerged more than 5 minutes total. Make sure to rinse off the parts with water and dry thoroughly before putting them in the light cure box. Models should be cured in the UV light for 30 minutes.

The other thing to be aware of is that the model material needs to be rolled on the mixer for 2.5 hours prior to the 1st time you open the bottle. After that it should be mixed at least 5 minutes prior to adding new material to the resin tray. Make sure resin is well mixed in the tray prior to starting a print.

When done properly, the models should be very hard.
Thanks so much for your response, First of all I was told always to use 99 IPA for rinsing the models not water? If I could use water for the final rinse that would helpful.
I always use the mixer so I don't think that is the issue.
The 30 min cure is very interesting because all the literature and my sales rep said 10 min in light cure . I will try the 30 min cure , Hopefully that will solve the problem.
Thanks again for your response