Nexdent 5100 build tray

M

MarkESchmitz

Reaction score
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone had a bit more real world information on the lifespan of the build tray on these?
consdering this printer but leaning more towards the asiga for previoualy discussed reasons in other threads.

Since we are a couple of years down the line with these now can any user of the nexdext tell me if the 900 builds per lifespan of tray is accurate? it seems very specific, which makes me sceptical.

Judging purely on consumable price makes me lean towards the asiga max, however i believe the 5100 is slightly faster. Print qualtiy seems comparible from what ive heard however we are currently awaiting test prints.

Many thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you only print the same material for 900 builds, sure.

cleaning the resin tray comes with the risk of damaging it though. so stick to one material for the longest tray life possible.

M

MarkESchmitz

Reaction score
Thank you, do you use this machine have you go on well with it? Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have used 4

mixed experiences. mostly positive, many negative. kinda depends.

number 1 with a bullet is post processing. don't d1ck around with that. number 0 with an even bulleter is never ever ever ever ever get resin on your skin.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
"never ever ever ever ever get resin on your skin" So important and so true. Use nitrile gloves, never latex.
One other issue with tray life is people pouring used resin back into the bottle. The manufacturers say you should never do it but since people are trying to save money they do it anyway. If you do it, then you must filter the resin to take out the tiny bits of cured resin. Some people use filter cones purchased in paint stores and others use coffee filters. The tiny bits of cured resin are sharp and can cause the membrane in the resin tray to break just like a pin on a balloon. Another source of these cured resin bits is the build plate so be sure to completely clean the build plate between builds.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
900 builds easy. with cleaning if done carefully, even after the film gets hazy. I've been surprised by the durability of the membrane. And the 5100 should be noticeably faster than than the max, no?