new zirc issue

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I think on the Sintra, there are a couple of fuses in the compartment on the back of the unit. You need both to be sound and operational. Exprerienced this a few years back while working with one. Hope this helps...
thank you! i appreciate the tip. checked those a couple months back when i had thermocouple issues. will double check them again just to be sure.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
update:
nothing resolved yet. ran a ferro ring....it said the oven was running too hot. adjusted temp on oven, ran test cycle. similar results (though admittedly slightly better). was supposed to have 2 calibration rings....uncle hank only sent one. took a week to get the last one, so im down a furnace for probably another week. they still dont think its the elements. while i dont completely disagree with them WHAT THE HELL! this tech support is far less than adequate.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
update:
nothing resolved yet. ran a ferro ring....it said the oven was running too hot. adjusted temp on oven, ran test cycle. similar results (though admittedly slightly better). was supposed to have 2 calibration rings....uncle hank only sent one. took a week to get the last one, so im down a furnace for probably another week. they still dont think its the elements. while i dont completely disagree with them WHAT THE HELL! this tech support is far less than adequate.
Just get a box of those temperature test rings yourself and quit relying on those morons at Uncle Hank.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
anyone know who repairs/services Sintra's besides uncle hank?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like Garland does.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like Garland does.
man i always forget about Garland and i shouldnt considering how many other things they have repaired for me in the past!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
man i always forget about Garland and i shouldnt considering how many other things they have repaired for me in the past!
When you contact them see if they can fix your memory??

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Keep extra elements on hand and get a 2nd oven. Ive dealt with these issues too many times.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Keep extra elements on hand and get a 2nd oven. Ive dealt with these issues too many times.
i just replaced the elements less than 2 weeks ago. this issue is still happening. proves that the elements were not the issue. so i have 3 spares on hand that look nearly as nice as the 3 brand new ones i just put in the oven.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
did you replace your thermo couple and is your mill a wet and dry mill as it could be water and oil contamination.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
did you replace your thermo couple and is your mill a wet and dry mill as it could be water and oil contamination.
dry mill
yes thermocouple, elements, fuses.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That was only one part of my suggestion, if new elements dont fix it, your still dead in the water unless you have a 2nd oven.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That was only one part of my suggestion, if new elements dont fix it, your still dead in the water unless you have a 2nd oven.
yep, correct

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Try running a purge cycle with an old piece of unshaded zi . If you get the same result as the crowns, then keep running the purge with a piece of Zi until the color comes back to normal (ie. not opaque). I have seen badly contaminated ovens take 10-12 purge cycles to recover. Do you have a drying process in place for stuff that you color by hand? If not i would suggest purchasing a cheap toaster oven and dry the crowns at 150-200 f for at least 30 minutes prior to sintering. I would rather replace a toaster oven once a year vs elements, insulation, etc.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Try running a purge cycle with an old piece of unshaded zi . If you get the same result as the crowns, then keep running the purge with a piece of Zi until the color comes back to normal (ie. not opaque). I have seen badly contaminated ovens take 10-12 purge cycles to recover. Do you have a drying process in place for stuff that you color by hand? If not i would suggest purchasing a cheap toaster oven and dry the crowns at 150-200 f for at least 30 minutes prior to sintering. I would rather replace a toaster oven once a year vs elements, insulation, etc.
the elements are literally days old. it has been purged at least a half dozen times since elements were swapped out (mind you the old elements look nearly identical to the new ones, ie: not contaminated either).
purge cycles are always run with uncolored chunks of zirc to bleed of any contaminants. sometimes they come out looking normal. sometimes opaque. its a crap shoot.

any hand colored zirc is dried in a toaster oven at 200F for 30min, but the vast majority of zirc is preshaded pucks.

Top Bottom