new zirc issue

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Make sure you never wiggle the connections, either during install or just to check. That will crack and loosen the coating.

Your fit should be pretty dialed in just over 1000 as far as Im told. Beyond that its all about looks.

Then again, I know lots of things that arent true.
im a wealth of info that is probably less than accurate hahaha.
well, purge first (maybe twice),calibration ring en route to adjust the calibration if needed. and elements coming too. theres literally nothing besides the board that i wont have parts for lol. time to build one from scratch? o_O

K

KIM

Reaction score
My 2 cents (And we've seen a lot of furnaces!) is that there is a correlation between changing a thermocouple and heating elements failing and vice-versa. Typically a calibration should be run after changing one or the other. I can't tell you how many times we've seen the other item fail within 1-2 months of replacing a TC or HE, just my 2 cents.......Also, heating elements especially are incredibly fragile, especially after they have been used so it's easy (Really easy) to get micro cracks in them if you have shipped this furnace to have it repaired.....
K

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
My 2 cents (And we've seen a lot of furnaces!) is that there is a correlation between changing a thermocouple and heating elements failing and vice-versa. Typically a calibration should be run after changing one or the other. I can't tell you how many times we've seen the other item fail within 1-2 months of replacing a TC or HE, just my 2 cents.......Also, heating elements especially are incredibly fragile, especially after they have been used so it's easy (Really easy) to get micro cracks in them if you have shipped this furnace to have it repaired.....
K
thank you sir. good info!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Had the same issue 3 months ago. I ran purge cycles couple times and everything went back to normal.
thanks for the heads up. ran a purge last night. attempting a second purge this morning. heres to hoping this resolves it!

Farrah Fawcett

Farrah Fawcett

Reaction score
Just making sure. This happens even with German furnaces, same as the 1/3 price Chinese furnaces. All suffer same list of potential issues. Paying more doesnt help reduce chance of issues IMO

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Just making sure. This happens even with German furnaces, same as the 1/3 price Chinese furnaces. All suffer same list of potential issues. Paying more doesnt help reduce chance of issues IMO
no one likes issues, they never happen at opportune times. the trick is getting them resolved as quickly as possible.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
just started getting this issue. zirc crowns coming out scorched maybe? color is gone from them. translucency is gone. fit is as expected. im at a loss here, and ive wasted 3 sintering cycles troubleshooting so far. heres what i know and dont know....
  1. no changes in zirconia types, same few ive been using for many many months. heck i have a pic to follow with units milled out of the same puck but sintered a day apart....
  2. i had used a new sinter tray the first time this issue popped up. but by day 3 i had gone back to the old tray. same issue.
  3. at the same time i attempted to use the new sinter tray i put in new sinter beads. out of the same package of sinter beads i had been using. this is the last item i can change back to if needed as i have not done so yet. its the next thing and only thing i have left short of the furnace unless im missing something.
  4. most units are multilayer preshaded pucks. but some have been hand colored. doesnt change the end result. unusable units.
  5. ive adjusted my sinter temp up/down 5-10deg with no noticable difference.
View attachment 32642 View attachment 32643 View attachment 32644 View attachment 32645
first and second pics are for comparison. all are milled A3 from the same puck. the two on the left are the issues, the one on the right was sintered saturday prior to the issues that started sunday.
the second two pics show a comparison of C3 (left) and A3.5 (right). they are damn near the same shade...as i mentioned the color is just gone from them.

at my wits end here. anyone have experience with this mess?
I had the same issue a while ago and it was the temp; but not the setting but the thermocoupler. It was not reading the right temp. Get the rings for temp testing, they are big help.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I had the same issue a while ago and it was the temp; but not the setting but the thermocoupler. It was not reading the right temp. Get the rings for temp testing, they are big help.
calibration rings are en route as well. if the purge cycle doesnt work, thats the next step!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
update:
after 2 purge cycles, the sintering issue is NOT resolved. in fact it seems to be under-firing even more now. color is slightly better on the test sinter but fits are loose. i believe (and tech support agrees) that calibration is needed....but the damn tech at uncle hank didnt overnight the calibration ring like i asked.....have to wait until monday for it to arrive. then fire it. then do a calibration and sinter some test crowns probably tuesday eve. so i wont know until wednesday. jeebus this is frustrating.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i would also like to give a massive shoutout and kudos to my local compeition. i have had lots of positive (and a few negative) run-ins with many labs all across the country in my 21+ years of experience. these guys locally are class acts. i dont have permission to post their name(s) here but i do know the owner sees DLN from time to time.
even though we are technically competitors, we have both offered up our services over the past few months to help the other out of a bind. this year has been one heck of a year for sintering issues for me....and they are willing to help me out yet again. and on the weekend nonetheless. i am super appreciative for so many honest and helpful people here on DLN. extra thankful for them willing to help out the lab down the road!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
update:
after 2 purge cycles, the sintering issue is NOT resolved. in fact it seems to be under-firing even more now. color is slightly better on the test sinter but fits are loose. i believe (and tech support agrees) that calibration is needed....but the damn tech at uncle hank didnt overnight the calibration ring like i asked.....have to wait until monday for it to arrive. then fire it. then do a calibration and sinter some test crowns probably tuesday eve. so i wont know until wednesday. jeebus this is frustrating.
The issues ylu are having isa huge reason why i think totaally modeless is a bad idea. How would you know it doesn't fit right if you cant put it on something.

user name

user name

Reaction score
update:
With all the labs in your area, no one can cough up a Temp Tab or PTCR ring?

Im not familiar with the Sintra oven. Cant you remove a cover and access the element connections and measure current on a short cycle? Are your elements coming on the same shipment as the calibration ring?

user name

user name

Reaction score
update:
I can tell you for a fact...this sh!t wouldnt happen with Zubler or Jensen. They take care of their own.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
With all the labs in your area, no one can cough up a Temp Tab or PTCR ring?

Im not familiar with the Sintra oven. Cant you remove a cover and access the element connections and measure current on a short cycle? Are your elements coming on the same shipment as the calibration ring?
there arent really any labs in my area. the one i referenced is 40-45min away.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I can tell you for a fact...this sh!t wouldnt happen with Zubler or Jensen. They take care of their own.
dont know about zubler. but i agree with jensen. thay have been great to me always

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
dont know about zubler. but i agree with jensen. thay have been great to me always
I think on the Sintra, there are a couple of fuses in the compartment on the back of the unit. You need both to be sound and operational. Exprerienced this a few years back while working with one. Hope this helps...

Top Bottom