New Xfiles: reopened

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so, i figure this is the best spot to be bring up all your analysis of the new xfiles: reopened series.

i figure it breaks down pretty standard fare so far for xfiles.

xfiles is an excersize in learning to cope with no resolution to the plot. no real change here.

they do seem like this time theyve gone and written most of the season ahead of the shooting, which should make the final episodes of the season very drama-riddled and conflicting. in the end they are no closer to their goal than they set out.

but i got to ask myself how the hell did the smoking man live through his last episode.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
I loved the original series coolhand and couldn't wait for the new series, but for some reason I just couldn't get into the new ones once they started. Don't really know why. Perhaps deep down I just don't want to believe!!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No tv anymore, sorry. Watched rabidly originally in 90's, but no time now.

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I'm dvring the thing, want to wait til the 6th one airs (was that last night?) before I watch them all. I really liked the original series, but I have to say I was hoping the cigarette man was going to somehow survive that last attack :rolleyes:. Will post after I check them out...or will I? (excersise in no real post resolution :D)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
last night was ep 5. my fav ep so far was 3. looking forward to next monday!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I loved the original series watched them all. And have the entire set on DVDs.
But I don't like this new version.
Their trying to make it a comedy not just put some humor in it.
I don't know but me and wife watched and said wtf we don't remember it being this silly

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Was 3 the one with the mutant children ?
I loved that episode.
I thought the lizard man one was really stupid

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I loved seeing the clip of the smoking man smoking on a cig through a hole in his neck !!!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
episode 2 was the mutant children.

anyway i am noticing a trend in this miniseries, the theme of children. since episode 1 was more or less a re-introduction to the characters, it dealt with the introduction of their baby. episode 2 was dealing with adolescence, episode 3 kicked off the 'theme' of 'inner monsters' and introduced Scully's inner self loathing for her actions. ep 4 again along the same lines learning to cope with scully's loss of both her child and family. ep 5 seemed to highlight that they had turned a corner in their grieving, and introduced Miller and Einstein as a self-reflection to their younger days. wonder where we'll end up with ep 6.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I don't know but I just miss the bizarre monster stories etc. really I would rather it not be political but seems like they are putting that in even if they are making fun of all groups evenly.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can kind of see how an X pattern is developing through this 6 episodes.

beginning with ep 1 "my struggle" yes theres the re-introduction of the baby, but i see it kind of focusing on Mulder coming to grips with the fact he wasted so much time and effort on simple stuff that he missed any facsimile of a bigger picture.

i think in ep 6 "my struggle pt 2" will focus on Scully wondering if her actions to give up her baby were even necessary, given the lack of any findings at all proving anything real was a threat. this whole season's culmination has to end on a cliffhanger to generate interest in season 11.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How about the episode from the original series with the amputee hidden under the bed? Yikes!

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
How about the episode from the original series with the amputee hidden under the bed? Yikes!
That was the mother under the bed and her sons would pull her out and rape her. The whole family had deformities from generations of incest. Probably the most disturbing X-Files episode ever.

The new episodes have been okay so far. It does seem like the writer's wanted a 'fun' feel to the new shows. It reminds me of season 7, which was one of the weaker seasons. I like that they made it a mini series. Much easier to watch. There's just too many good shows to watch now days.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes one of my favorite.
She was the breeder for her sons

JTG

JTG

Reaction score
I liked the one they did in black and white like an old monster movie. Can't remember the season it was in.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAAAT

not worth it. fire chris carter. never bring the series back.

shoot him, then cut out his tongue then shoot his tongue.

worst. series. ever.

worst. writing. ever.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAAAT

not worth it. fire chris carter. never bring the series back.

shoot him, then cut out his tongue then shoot his tongue.

worst. series. ever.

worst. writing. ever.
Reboot's that good huh? Kinda like what they did to TMNT and Transformers?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
It is on-par.

this series summed up in two words: utter crap

this series summed up by the Reddit people:
znqwc.jpg

Top Bottom