New projects with CAD printing

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I've been busy as hell printing rings for JC Pennys, and QVC on tv.

The bells are for Harley Davidson bikes.

The skull is a super detailed model with removable teeth and seperate mandible. I will cast a few teeth in gold, and prep a few teeth and make little restorations. The model in plastic will sell for around $500. Larger than a softball. I can print largerI'm setting up two booths at the SouthEastern Dental Lab conference this Nov.

Tommorow, my Tesla Coil will be here. 24" discharge globe with up to 24" arcs of over 800,000 volts. It will help "attract" people to our booth, then I'm going crank it up to eleven and drop an EMP bomb towards the end of show, after we clear out all peeps with pace-makers of course. :D A Physics professor from Berkley CA has built it for me. Can't wait! Also will have a Jacob's ladder and a megaphone to get things started.

Working on a deal with Solidscape printer. It's cheap, and you can get only 20-30 teeth in about 18hrs. Very accurate, but slow. You get what you pay for.

Got my deal signed with 3D Systems last week. Now an official partner with 3D. I'll be offering super-duper deals on printers, service agreements, and material. Also will host advanced training for those customers wishing to add Jewelry or CAD architecture to their bag of tricks. I've been playing with Solidworks, TurboCad, and Auto CAD recently, as you can see.

You can print and sell a little rings for $25! The 3D Systems printers can print a couple hundered every 5-6 hours! People have been sending me files to print of all shapes and sized. Dentistry blows chunks and the real money is in other industries.

Do you guys know my friend Moe?

Scott

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, that is a Star-Wars walker. Also printer attack helicopters, Gundam robots, Nike shoes.....you name it. Even a few naked ladies of course. See my Red Fangs? My wife is addicted to that rediculous HBO show True Blood.

I'll print Sir Mike a telescope and cast it in gold. What brand/type do you want?

Neckless or table-top model size? Can do!:)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Here is our new business cards...3D Business cars!
Little Lego men. Names are on the back, hard to see the face I made on the front in the pic, and our company logo in my favorite font.
I need to re-print them at a higher resolution and with the men standing upright on the build platform. First attempt was a disaster.
Second was better, but I'm not sasified.

(BTW, I just saved 15% on my car insurance)

ai28.tinypic.com_2nv7bky.jpg
ai28.tinypic.com_2nv7bky.jpg

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This is another pic of the progress of "the skullz"
A 20hr print job! It will finish around 9:30AM tommorow (mon)

I'll snap a pic in the morn at around 5:00 AM when I get in to work.

The base of skull is covered up with support wax....getting taller every minute. So far it is 4:10 into the job. Pretty good for a five year old printer that I beat up all day every day. I would guess that this machine has made over $2,000,000 in parts so far. A Jeweler from Boston MA had it before me. I will keep it running another five years.

ai32.tinypic.com_91mhpe.jpg
ai32.tinypic.com_91mhpe.jpg

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Nice to see some teeth in the lower left quadrant!:)

As always, Scott, your stuff is amazing. Wish I had your toys. That looks like a blast to create artwork like that!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
4:03 AM est?? You're in central time zone, right?

Are you just waking up, or still partying from the night before?

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just a kid in a candy store having fun.

Anyone can do this stuff.

I just bought another printer yesterday. A Solidscape. Plan on goofing off with it a couple days, and reselling.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
"El Diablo Rapidamente de Plastico "

***​

ai31.tinypic.com_65odir.jpg
ai31.tinypic.com_65odir.jpg

Last edited:
Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
4:03 AM est?? You're in central time zone, right?

Are you just waking up, or still partying from the night before?

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just a kid in a candy store having fun.

Anyone can do this stuff.

I just bought another printer yesterday. A Solidscape. Plan on goofing off with it a couple days, and reselling.

I'm in Mountain Time Zone (so it was 2:03 am).... another F'in deadline that I was given at 6:30 pm...for the next morning... got 'er done.

I would CONSTANTLY be goofing off it I had a CAD printer. I am left pondering what I could send for you to print for me.. day dreaming...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Not enough metal! AHHH. Trying it again. Top of skull had porosity

ai29.tinypic.com_nman9w.jpg
ai29.tinypic.com_fz215z.jpg
ai26.tinypic.com_do81f5.jpg
ai29.tinypic.com_nman9w.jpg ai29.tinypic.com_fz215z.jpg ai26.tinypic.com_do81f5.jpg