New Ivoclar acrylic processing injector

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The hybrid acrylic that you're using is actually a cold cure acrylic, whereas the Ivocap is heat cure. You can use the Ivocap in your Ivobase machine you just have to leave it in longer....ask your rep how long.
I haven't got experience about Ivocap (maybe I should give it a go),I don't see the softness as a problem though...

J

jeppe

Reaction score
The hybrid acrylic that you're using is actually a cold cure acrylic, whereas the Ivocap is heat cure. You can use the Ivocap in your Ivobase machine you just have to leave it in longer....ask your rep how long.
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I know how to use the Ivocap acrylic in Ivobase, just haven't had the time nor need to try it :)

Have you used it with Ivobase and did you discover any differences compared to Ivobase acrylic? Does it shrink less than Ivobase, I think Ivobase shrinkage is just the same as with any cold curing acryl.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I know how to use the Ivocap acrylic in Ivobase, just haven't had the time nor need to try it :)

Have you used it with Ivobase and did you discover any differences compared to Ivobase acrylic? Does it shrink less than Ivobase, I think Ivobase shrinkage is just the same as with any cold curing acryl.
I don't use the Ivobase machine, I use strictly Ivocap, which continually injects acrylic as it cures so you don't have shrinkage.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Jeppe have you looked into the snow rock system yet?
No monomier, no shrinkage, even though is has some flex polishes like mirror. it is best if you use their entire system but If you have nylon injection you can make it work Oh Processing time 25min for material to melt (their system you can do 6 at a time) injection 1 min, bench cool 15 min deflask. their furnace melts 9 cartridges at a time so if you had 6 flasks 6 dentures processed in 45 minutes, bench set to cool 15 min and a 5 min quench.I believe their system is $5000. with 2 flask 5 kilo material & alunium cartridges, extra flask I think they said around $150. They are in Atlanta. I'm doing some with the Myerson flexipres but you have to upgrade the system to make it work.
http://www.snowrockusa.com/?mid=Prof_CaseStudy

J

jeppe

Reaction score
No monomier, no shrinkage, even though is has some flex polishes like mirror. it is best if you use their entire system but If you have nylon injection you can make it work Oh Processing time 25min for material to melt (their system you can do 6 at a time) injection 1 min, bench cool 15 min deflask. their furnace melts 9 cartridges at a time so if you had 6 flasks 6 dentures processed in 45 minutes, bench set to cool 15 min and a 5 min quench.I believe their system is $5000. with 2 flask 5 kilo material & alunium cartridges, extra flask I think they said around $150. They are in Atlanta. I'm doing some with the Myerson flexipres but you have to upgrade the system to make it work.

Hi, I have not looked into Snow Rock USA systems before but I am indeed very interested. System looks good and by the looks, the procedure can be done a lot faster than Ivobase. I live in Europe, any info on where to find a retailer over here?

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Hi, AJEL!

So do you have this Snow Rock system and if so, would you be willing to produce a demo denture for me if I send you a waxed up set up? Snow Rock has not answered my emails so I'm having trouble contacting them....

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
FYI. Ivoclar called me last week informing me that they demo used units for sale for less money.
I presently own 5 units, along with 16 flask. The more flask keep production flow moving along.
As some mentioned above of the the Ivocap material. I agree, as it is a true heat cured resin.
Few learning curves as opposed to the Ivocap processing, but alot more efficient in the long run.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
FYI. Ivoclar called me last week informing me that they demo used units for sale for less money.
I presently own 5 units, along with 16 flask. The more flask keep production flow moving along.
As some mentioned above of the the Ivocap material. I agree, as it is a true heat cured resin.
Few learning curves as opposed to the Ivocap processing, but alot more efficient in the long run.

Yes, Ivobase systems are on sale here too. But we have learned that it is way too slow for our use. And the product in the end does no meet our quality demands. Traditional boiling process still produces the best results for our use.

Hitdabox

Hitdabox

Reaction score
Hi jeppe

I realize this post is pretty old but just curious if you still have the ivobase? I have been looking for one in good condition used and was curious if you were going to sell it. Or if anyone else on the network is selling one that isn't using it much, I would be interested in purchasing it.

Thanks!

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have a Ivobase for sale, sorry.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
I ran through the PDF I wonder if its auto cure resin?

Its definitely neat to look at. Thee wide neck of the arcylic cartridge to allow a spatula to mix the resin rather than use the autmix machine we use on the ivocap system leads me to believe that its cold cure.

Its been hush hush no one mentioned it to me at LabDaY :(

You mention "autocure". Auto cure=self cure= repair acrylic. Correct? The material itself creates the heat to polymerize. Like stone/plaster.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
This is indeed cold curing repair acrylic. Quite much shrinkage in processing and definately wears a lot faster than heat curing acrylics. I've seen 2 year old Ivobase dentures that look 10 years old.

I've changed from Ivobase Hybrid to Ivobase High Impact in hope of getting better results. Time will tell. Processing time increases from 35 minutes to an hour.

Also I have noticed that when I do lower dentures and after processing I cut one side of injection channels with a disc, something strange happens. When the channels cuts, there seems to be a tension somewhere, because the gap immediately increases from under 1mm to about 2mm. I'm not sure but maybe that is due to some tensions in the acrylic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom