New Ivoclar acrylic processing injector

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Ivoclar is introducing a new denture processing system, the Ivobase Injector, available June 1st. It looks interesting, I wonder what the price will be on it, guess we'll know in a few weeks.
IvoBase Injector

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I ran through the PDF I wonder if its auto cure resin?

Its definitely neat to look at. Thee wide neck of the arcylic cartridge to allow a spatula to mix the resin rather than use the autmix machine we use on the ivocap system leads me to believe that its cold cure.

Its been hush hush no one mentioned it to me at LabDaY :(

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Its definitely neat to look at. Thee wide neck of the arcylic cartridge to allow a spatula to mix the resin rather than use the autmix machine we use on the ivocap system leads me to believe that its cold cure.

Its been hush hush no one mentioned it to me at LabDaY :(

looks good, and for any acrylic. Probably will cost plenty $

see image enlarged for details

ivobase.JPG

http://www.ivoclarvivadent.com/zoolu-website/media/document/13897/IvoBase+Injector - page 10
ivobase.JPG

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but it looks to me like you are still locked into using Ivoclar's acrylic, which comes in it's own individual "predosed" capsules. But, there are some choices among the types of Ivoclar acrylics:

IvoBase® Material
The best of two techniques

The quality advantages of a heat-curing polymer have been
combined with the processing benefits of a cold-curing
polymer to produce a new PMMA system.
In terms of its chemistry, IvoBase Material is classified as a
cold-curing polymer. However, the quality of the material
is equivalent to and even exceeds that of heat-curing
polymers.

Two different types of material:
IvoBase Hybrid is characterized by its short processing
times. Within 35 minutes, the material thoroughly cures in
the IvoBase Injector. The product is suitable for fabricating all
kinds of removable dentures.

High fracture toughness is the outstanding characteristic
of IvoBase High Impact. The material polymerizes in 50
minutes. It is suitable for the fabrication of structures that
are exposed to heavy loading.

Predosed. Contact-free. Clean.
The predosed capsules always contain the correct amount of
material. Both containers are opened, the monomer is added
to the polymer and then the two components are mixed. In
the process, the skin never comes in direct contact with the
monomer. For health’s sake.

Wide selection of colours
Seven colours are available: Pink, Pink-V and Preference,
Pink-V Implant and Preference Implant (both featuring high
masking ability) and two special colours, 34-V and Clear.

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score

(

Page 10 functional description:
"The injector may be used for both self-curing and heat-curing polymers. The integrated heater permits the flask to be heated up to 120 °C
(248 °F). With the controlled and automated injection, high-quality products with outstanding physical properties can be fabricated."

I may be wrong, but it looks to me like you are still locked into using Ivoclar's acrylic, which comes in it's own individual "predosed" capsules. But, there are some choices among the types of Ivoclar acrylics:

no thats about right....page 27 lists programs for:
IvoBase Hybrid
IvoBase High Impact
SR Ivocap High Impact
SR Ivocap Clear
SR Ivocap Elastomer

Last edited:
M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I wonder if you can only do one flask at a time in each unit ? You would then have to buy several units to keep up with production.

Last edited:
J

Jmichael

Reaction score
I wonder if you can only do one flask at a time in each unit ? You would then have to buy several units to keep up with production.

That's a good point that I had not considered.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Retail price before your percentage discount from Ivoclar.....$8900.00...and you can only shoot one at a time.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Retail price before your percentage discount from Ivoclar.....$8900.00...and you can only shoot one at a time.

Maybe they will give a better deal if you two?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this type of polymerization unit. It comes from china and is a press/polymerization unit all in one. Apparently take about 20-40 min to process and needs no waterbath because the flasks are heated up and supposedly temperature monitored by the unit.
AX-PT1 Polymerization and Press Unit

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
homedicia tried a screwclamp with a hot plate in the late 60's maybe the pmma will react better now but then total boil & pourisity under the teeth. & as most of the cases I did then were porclain teeth possibly that contributed. Heat still comes from bottom though. That was about the same time they tried the centrifuge pour dentures (teeth floated everywhere).

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I think the same technology is used in the new ivoclar processor. It may just be they are using a cold cure l9ike the new ivoclar machine. But thanks for the info...Dan

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
8000$?? what for?
is it so good?
isnt better to use Implacryl that 5 times stronger than regular pmma? and without that crazy invest?

D

department19972

Reaction score
The main idea behind this type of technology is compensation for shrinkage that occurs when PMMA cures in the press-pack technique. Ivocap reduced this shrinkage greatly and supposedly the ivobase reduces it more. I've seen the Ivocap and it requires a ton of space and equipment. The ivobase seems to require a small footprint of space and minimal equipment. I would certainly need two units if I were to offer removables. my rep told me the processing time of the hybrid material (half heat and half cold-cure) takes like 35 minutes.

To answer the question of $8000 for what, it's called R&D costs that need to be recouped. If the system works, I think it's a small investment for what it does. JMO

8000$?? what for?
is it so good?
isnt better to use Implacryl that 5 times stronger than regular pmma? and without that crazy invest?

J

Jmichael

Reaction score
Well, I started this thread, and I just logged onto Ivoclar's LabShop site to look into the price of this processing unit. $9500.00 USD was the price it gave me, but apparently you do get a free package of hybrid acrylic, and it comes with a small tub of vaseline. OK, I lied about the vaseline...

J

jeppe

Reaction score
My experiences from 1 year Ivobase usage.

Negatives:
Working time per prothesis is much more than using a traditional heat curing boiling system.
Acryl shrinkage is about the same as in heat curing system, opposed to what was advertised.
Flasks wear out noticeably fast, my four flasks have already worn out the shining coating in few places. I'd expect better quality from such an expensive flask.
Cost per prothesis is very high versus traditional heat curing prothesis.
You have to deal with toxic monomers with this system too, especially when opening the flask after curing, be sure to do it in a ventilated cabinet or under water.

Positives:
Acryl is softer than heat cured, meaning easier finishing and better shine.
Machine rarely malfunctions.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to post and share!
Do you think wearing out the shiny coating would affect the actual outcome (? more leakage of material?)?
I am just not sure having softer acrylic is a positive in the long run though . . .
LCM

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
You can also use Ivocap acrylic in it instead of the Ivobase, which is just as hard as any packed acrylic.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to post and share!
Do you think wearing out the shiny coating would affect the actual outcome (? more leakage of material?)?
I am just not sure having softer acrylic is a positive in the long run though . . .
LCM
I don't think the coating wearing off affects the outcome but it does make it a bit more difficult to keep flasks clean. A minor inconvenience but since these flasks cost so much, I'd expect top quality as well.

The softer acryl is probably not good in the longer run, I'd say it compares to cold curing acryls quite well.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
You can also use Ivocap acrylic in it instead of the Ivobase, which is just as hard as any packed acrylic.

I haven't got experience about Ivocap (maybe I should give it a go),I don't see the softness as a problem though...

Top Bottom