New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I agree about the 5 axis, lots of little problems and burs % are not accurate. I can place crowns where ever I want in the puck. It doesn't mill ZR as clean as my Mini. It's does mill EMAX fits and margins very well. Anatomy, small anteriors and speed not so good. I feel they rushed this mill on to the market. We got ours in March. When we had issues(the dreaded Red Light) no one a Sirona or Patterson had ever used a MCX5, I had to call Jay Black a Beta Tester to find things out. My sales rep, moved to 3shape a month later... To much $ for this mill. I really don't understand the 5 Axis thing, it's not even close.
I do mill a lot of EMAX to pay for it and CAD is way faster then pressing... Finishing CAD is so fast.. As for Zr, jensen M200 & the Mini are way better. Tad
It sound like you have changed your opinion about MCX5 just like I have.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
MCX5 has a glass door. I can not do that, because it will take too long to clean-up glass off the floor.
If you chuck it out the window into the street it will become someone else's worry.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I will never impose my problems on to someone else. I'll do it over the weekend. That way I will have enough time to clean up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I feel for you as well Mark.

If it's any consolation, those one visit Lava Ultimate crowns have now become 2 visits.;)
Thank you
I am convinced that MCX5 is not a true 5 axis as they advertised and that this model will have problems for many years to come.

The part they replaced is defective. The one I had before was fine.

What kind of confidence we can have? Can someone explain it to me?

This is 2 days in the row and no production.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ask for a refund and tell them you promise to not bash the mill ALL OVER THE INTERNET TILL THE END OF TIME ...... ;)
Start at the top, not your sale rep or local office.

Edit.... Demand a refund...... several great choices of mills to buy that mill both emax and zirconia off the same mill.

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
How much is one of these ****rona mills?Ive been considering a new mill for a while now and thought about the mcx5 but not now.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thank you
I am convinced that MCX5 is not a true 5 axis as they advertised and that this model will have problems for many years to come.

The part they replaced is defective. The one I had before was fine.

What kind of confidence we can have? Can someone explain it to me?

This is 2 days in the row and no production.

Mark, how much income would you say you loss so far including your time attempting to get help... and assuming your mill will not be running today ?
Have they scheduled an appointment for today or Friday to drop off a new mill ?

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
No, sir it is a mess.
I am putting all that on the paper, so I can have an informed conversation.
I am one man lab, so it is difficult to do all that and produce so I can pay bills.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Give the inlab study club an earfull on facebook while you're at it.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I am not a confrontational person. Plus I am not on Facebook. And I am sure they all know what is going on.
Thank you all for support.
I really mean it.

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
How is the anatomical detail of the milled restoration? If milled in under 10 minutes I would think they may not be paying significant attention to quality and surface finish.
If you could post a couple of photos it would be great.
Thanks

The zirocnia themselves are not bad in the anatomy. What area that don't seem to come out due to the patient having deep natural anatomy can be then carved out by a hand tool with a small burr.

Here is a pic of some I just milled.

20150903_135241.jpg

As you can see it doesn't come out as well as a mill that has a smaller burr, but it does do the job.

I can not mill any zirconia cases on this 'stinking' MCX5 mill, due to this suction error massage.

There is plenty of suction and filter bag is clean.

The air control switch has been changed by Sirona tech. last Tuesday and zirconia dust cleared from the line.

I have not milled anything since.

Do you know if there is a way to disconnect this idiotic sensor at least temporarily in order to mill a case.

Thank you.

You might have a defective unit. We ourselves had a defective unit from the start and it took Sirona almost a month before they finally admitted that there was something wrong and sent us one more. The key factor to them sending us a new one was a Frank Acosta. He is one for their top men when it comes to promoting Sirona products and he also runs their training center in Temecula CA and he was already scheduled to come to our lab to help train on the software. When he came he noticed instantly that there was something wrong and called higher up in Sirona to tell them we needed a new one asap. Now, I'm not saying that Frank will come to you, but what you need is someone way up there to come look at it and start making a fuss for you. If not, then sadly you might have wasted 70K on it....

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
How is the anatomical detail of the milled restoration? If milled in under 10 minutes I would think they may not be paying significant attention to quality and surface finish.
If you could post a couple of photos it would be great.
Thanks

The zirocnia themselves are not bad in the anatomy. What area that don't seem to come out due to the patient having deep natural anatomy can be then carved out by a hand tool with a small burr.

Here is a pic of some I just milled.

20150903_135241.jpg

As you can see it doesn't come out as well as a mill that has a smaller burr, but it does do the job.

I can not mill any zirconia cases on this 'stinking' MCX5 mill, due to this suction error massage.

There is plenty of suction and filter bag is clean.

The air control switch has been changed by Sirona tech. last Tuesday and zirconia dust cleared from the line.

I have not milled anything since.

Do you know if there is a way to disconnect this idiotic sensor at least temporarily in order to mill a case.

Thank you.

You might have a defective unit. We ourselves had a defective unit from the start and it took Sirona almost a month before they finally admitted that there was something wrong and sent us one more. The key factor to them sending us a new one was a Frank Acosta. He is one for their top men when it comes to promoting Sirona products and he also runs their training center in Temecula CA and he was already scheduled to come to our lab to help train on the software. When he came he noticed instantly that there was something wrong and called higher up in Sirona to tell them we needed a new one asap. Now, I'm not saying that Frank will come to you, but what you need is someone way up there to come look at it and start making a fuss for you. If not, then sadly you might have wasted 70K on it....

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I would get on Facebook. There are people on the Inlab study group that can help if you let your problem be known. Believe it or not, Sirona snd Patterson have helped me in the past.

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
I would get on Facebook. There are people on the Inlab study group that can help if you let your problem be known. Believe it or not, Sirona snd Patterson have helped me in the past.

I know that and thats not the problem here. The problem here is the product sucks and no amount of talking in Facebook is going to fix that.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
You know, I think that if we knew what to expect from this product, then we could make an informed decision to buy or not to buy. But the limitations are kept from vew and the only thing you can rely on is what other users are saying. Some are objective and some are not. The product is too new to have a complete picture.
But when we find out the truth on our own, then it is too late because the cases are due and then the frustration takes over.
That is what I am going through.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I wish we could return the one we have, I have suction and errors pop up all the time. It CANT mill Zr as clean as our Minis. Other than Emax that take 50mins plus to mill it sucks

Sirona come pick ours up... Please

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
I wish we could return the one we have, I have suction and errors pop up all the time. It CANT mill Zr as clean as our Minis. Other than Emax that take 50mins plus to mill it sucks

Sirona come pick ours up... Please

We are also in the process of returning ours. Luckily we had 6 month preferred financing so we haven't made a payment yet so they said they would take it back for a restock fee.

As for the mill those suction error messages show up because the atmosphere inside the machine fluctuates more than is recommended (not that it needs an atmosphere during dry mill...). They came up with a new swtich and a new dust plate thing that sits at the bottom of the machine which did alleviate the suction errors, but now we are having a different problem all together. The mill is now chipping every margin from every restoration we've milled. We have had to stop using it all together now to stop wasting material on it...seriously for German made product, this machine is the worst bit of engineering I've ever come across. If its not one issue its another.

M

Mark Blyumin

Reaction score
I do have all the same problems. My biggest is that none of the PMMA or wax for casting fit. In my view, because it does not use the bur on the inside of the crown, smaller than 1mm.
Suction error was fixed on the 2nd try. All together 6 hours of my time and only on this issue. There are other issues some with SW.
I am thinking to return my mill also. I really want to use SW15 before I will return. Maybe it will make the difference. Sirona said it will.

Last edited:
G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
So a Patterson tech came over and they recalibrated the machine. It worked for a day, but now theres these little small fractures on the margins, not enough for us to redo but enough for us to notice that there's something wrong with the machine.

None of the higher ups at Sirona is answering our emails or calls regarding this machine. David Bowlin is completely ignoring us like the issue will go away if they just ignore it. I am now going to talk to someone at LMT (Lab Managmant Today) to see if they can help bring light to how corrupt a company Sirona is. If anyone wants to join please message me so we can band together and make them hurt.

Top Bottom