NEW Grey Milling Wax Available!

esamuelr

esamuelr

Ratings
48 3
i have used rons wax. it works well. i prefer something different, so that is what i use now. sure it costs a few bucks more but since i pay the bills i get to choose LOL
yes, was going to ask cost....as well as some technical stuff...like how brittle it is, what the wax vs plastic composition is. does it flake or melt when milling, etc, etc.
all stuff i figured i would direct in private conversation.
It handles very much like our white diagnostic wax. I would not categorize it as brittle. It does carve very well with a blue dolphin or any standard carving instrument. It also takes wax from a hot rod very well.
Millabillity is and always will be determined by tool choice, strategies and templates. With our current Preciso Cam templates it mills very well. It mills faster than the soft beige but not quite as fast as the red resin reinforced wax. They is very little if any flaking. If It appears it will come from dull tools more than anything else. We have not had the wax melt but that is very much possible with excessive speeds or feeds.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
It handles very much like our white diagnostic wax. I would not categorize it as brittle. It does carve very well with a blue dolphin or any standard carving instrument. It also takes wax from a hot rod very well.
Millabillity is and always will be determined by tool choice, strategies and templates. With our current Preciso Cam templates it mills very well. It mills faster than the soft beige but not quite as fast as the red resin reinforced wax. They is very little if any flaking. If It appears it will come from dull tools more than anything else. We have not had the wax melt but that is very much possible with excessive speeds or feeds.

thank you! thats some of the info i was looking for!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Ratings
1,721 34
Bob scared Stacey away...doggoneit Bob!!! Stacey, don't let us crusty lab techs give you a hard time. Sometimes you have to kick us in the chins to knock our stride out from under us...feel free. These are big boys, big mouths, but at the end of the day, we have even bigger hearts!!! Feel free to kick back :)

Stacey

Stacey

Sponsors
Ratings
Bob scared Stacey away...doggoneit Bob!!! Stacey, don't let us crusty lab techs give you a hard time. Sometimes you have to kick us in the chins to knock our stride out from under us...feel free. These are big boys, big mouths, but at the end of the day, we have even bigger hearts!!! Feel free to kick back :)
Lol. I’m not that easily scared away. I am the Digital Marketing Manager for Jensen and I was simply doing my job by spreading the word about a new product on our sponsor page. I was unaware that my profile was private and I believe I have fixed the problem now. Sorry for the confusion that caused. If anyone has questions about Jensen products, please feel free to call us at 800.243.2000 or contact us through our website www.jensendental.com. :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Ratings
4,270 59
Lol. I’m not that easily scared away. I am the Digital Marketing Manager for Jensen and I was simply doing my job by spreading the word about a new product on our sponsor page. I was unaware that my profile was private and I believe I have fixed the problem now. Sorry for the confusion that caused. If anyone has questions about Jensen products, please feel free to call us at 800.243.2000 or contact us through our website www.jensendental.com. :)
so does Digital Marketing Manger mean you market Digitally, or you market Digital stuff?

Stacey

Stacey

Sponsors
Ratings
Technically both! I market digitally, and some of those products include our digital materials & equipment :)

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28

So far I really like it. With the Mini, it mills nice, no flaking of flecking (inside). The color is easy to work with, and it accepts
wax easily. I just wish it came in 12mm and 14mm size pucks, but that may be just my preference?

Thank you KIM, I will be trying some more, just to be sure ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
So far I really like it. With the Mini, it mills nice, no flaking of flecking (inside). The color is easy to work with, and it accepts
wax easily. I just wish it came in 12mm and 14mm size pucks, but that may be just my preference?

now thats the kind of info i like to see! thanks @Car 54

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2

You are very welcome! I look back on this thread and have to say that I really appreciate where we ended vs. where we started! Not only did we end up in a good place but we laughed (OK, cried a little too) along the way. You guys rock, thank you.....

Car 54

Car 54

Ratings
2,452 28
You are very welcome! I look back on this thread and have to say that I really appreciate where we ended vs. where we started! Not only did we end up in a good place but we laughed (OK, cried a little too) along the way. You guys rock, thank you.....
Yes, you get it all here :)

b70-3225.jpg

Amen. Have you tried it yet Sideshow?
lol..."Sideshow" :D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,552 29
Amen. Have you tried it yet Sideshow?
i have not yet, as workload has been stupid busy filled with implants. for a 2 person lab to have 47 implant in house at one time is NUTSO! not to mention all the crowns and such beyond those!
beats the alternative.
i have not forgotten about calling you either! swear i will soon haha!

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
i have not yet, as workload has been stupid busy filled with implants. for a 2 person lab to have 47 implant in house at one time is NUTSO! not to mention all the crowns and such beyond those!
beats the alternative.
i have not forgotten about calling you either! swear i will soon haha!
It's all good Harmony, no worries at all. I'm grateful you're crazy busy as not every lab can say that! Hope you get to come up for air soon..

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!