New E - Series

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i disagree. Tech support is there for you to rail the company when you need to. Yes, there is alot we can do ourselves, but as the years move on, I've come to realize that I find myself more and more in alignment with protocol that i may have found stupid before.

Sometimes, there are other things to do/test/cases to go out that you want to be able to say, Zahn/CAP support, take care of this, here is the Teamviewer ID.

But that is encroaching on the premise of a relationship with your vendor, which is extremely important.

Now if you DO have the time and it's not better spent elsewhere, then all the power to you! :D
i just had a tech support fail from Core3d. spent an hour and a half of my morning for their "new" tech support guy to tell me he had no idea. Mind you this is an ongoing issue that their old tech guru used to solve in 30 seconds or less, she was incredible. what a waste of my morning, and by far the worst tech support i have ever gotten from Core3d. very disappointed in them right now.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
what was the issue? if you don't mind me asking.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what was the issue? if you don't mind me asking.
hard to explain without showing it...but when i take a design either from diagnostic wax phase or pmma and try to copy the cad design and recreate out of zirconia....every single time....when i move to scan the new working (preps/abutments) the manufacturer "cannot be found". i havent gotten an actual fix for it in 3 years, BUT Sarah their old support tech knew a fast and simple work around....that i kept forgetting since it shouldnt be happening to begin with.
alas, i figured out the work around. problem isnt fixed, it will happen yet again this week when i try to do the same thing on another case. i wish there was something other than a work around, and i am certain there is.....i just dont know it nor do i have 90min a few times per week to be told its my fault by the new core3d guy

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
What are your options for manufacturers? You may have a bunch of manufacturing profiles that don't have materials assigned to them.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What are your options for manufacturers? You may have a bunch of manufacturing profiles that don't have materials assigned to them.
its a material that already has a manufacturer assigned. its just the conversion from PMMA or wax into zirconia that creates the error. it "loses" the manufacturer and there seems to be no way to find it. again, the work around is just trying a different type of zirconia (the hassle being selecting everything one tooth at a time, AND checking and adjusting any settings for thickness, drill comp, etc since i dont use this other zirc)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
its a material that already has a manufacturer assigned. its just the conversion from PMMA or wax into zirconia that creates the error. it "loses" the manufacturer and there seems to be no way to find it. again, the work around is just trying a different type of zirconia (the hassle being selecting everything one tooth at a time, AND checking and adjusting any settings for thickness, drill comp, etc since i dont use this other zirc)

so Core3D is your reseller? If they are, they need to take the time to help you re-create your manufacturing IDs / protocols. But this may be as simple as contacting them to provide the correct DLL file from 3Shape.

We have had a similar issue where we had a profile that was specific for hyperdent - but somehow that specific manufacturing profile is the only one that will mill Wax out with good fit. (even with all the check boxes identical etc etc)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes, and i know. the tech support guy did redownload them and still couldnt figure it out. so he insisted it was something i did on my end. not really great about solving the issue at hand nor finding the work around that i knew existed because they routinely do the workaround for the past 3 years lol

ah well, ultimately it wont be too much longer and we will be getting a new scanner. intruiged with the E series, hence being here on this thread to begin with

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
yes, and i know. the tech support guy did redownload them and still couldnt figure it out. so he insisted it was something i did on my end. not really great about solving the issue at hand nor finding the work around that i knew existed because they routinely do the workaround for the past 3 years lol

ah well, ultimately it wont be too much longer and we will be getting a new scanner. intruiged with the E series, hence being here on this thread to begin with

would you be willing to let me log on and take a look? I'm curious as to what sort of issue this is that you're running into. We swapped out our old D700 for an E3, just makes too much sense, given the upgrades and price

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
would you be willing to let me log on and take a look? I'm curious as to what sort of issue this is that you're running into. We swapped out our old D700 for an E3, just makes too much sense, given the upgrades and price
we may do the same. on a 700 now and want some more of the flexibility that the e series offers. how do you like the e3?
and if you really want to look, you may haha.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we won't receive our E3 until after March - so this gives me plenty of time to try and break it at IDS!

PM-ing my contact in case you want me to take a look. No promises, but at least we can say WTF a bunch of times on the phone together!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
haha ok sounds good

Adolfo

Adolfo

Reaction score
we won't receive our E3 until after March - so this gives me plenty of time to try and break it at IDS!

PM-ing my contact in case you want me to take a look. No promises, but at least we can say WTF a bunch of times on the phone together!

Just forcuriosity.... how much did the scanner cost? ;)

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
for just the scanner it should be about 19000-ish with trade-in to about 24000? Depends on the reseller honestly.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
E 3 19 k Euro at ids with software premium E 2 14.5 premium E 1 with c.b basic software 9.9

D

dendee

Reaction score
Bob, what would be a good mill for titanium and cr-co? For a medium sized lab operating at high standards.

McTeeth

McTeeth

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can use ScanIt Resoration (original) scan software on the E-Series or just ScanIt Dental (new)?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Bob, what would be a good mill for titanium and cr-co? For a medium sized lab operating at high standards.
What are the indications you are looking to produce? For titanium are you looking at abutments or bars? CrCo copings and bridges? Please be more specific.
Thanks

D

dendee

Reaction score
Hi Bob, and thanks for your reply.
we want to mill our own metal in-house,, ie cr-co pfm frames (up to roundhouse 14 unit size) for both implant retained and cemented to natural teeth, titanium custom abutments ( most likely from prefab stock, unless we can get good enough quality to mill the whole abutment) , bars with tapped in locators would be nice to do in-house as well, since we have some bad experiences with the established milling centres. we do a lot of full mouth recon and highest precision is needed .
Dennis

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I think you are looking at a Micron for best results. This mill can do it all, including interfaces but I think you are better off milling from a blank. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. No small desktop mill, to my knowledge, will get you into a precision milled bar.
Where are you located?

Top Bottom