New CADCAM software for Straumann M series mill (AG powered)

D

DrG

Reaction score
I know I know, I was told (after the facts) that DWings is boggy and whatever...

I am happy with milling my Straumann cust abut, generating models and printing them on the RapidShape printer.
I can't nest temporary bridge PMMA (eggshell or pontics) that have been designed before tooth extraction for immediate loading.
I tried importing the file in meshmixer, extracting it digitally, then importing it into Cares, same thing happen in the nesting module, it throws some error message such as "NAC file not found". I spent numerous hrs with Straumann support escalating to DWings second tiers. They are clueless.
Enough for the ranting/intro. I was told Straumann will have a CAM bridge solution for 3Shape in Q4 of this year...let's see.
Anyhow, at this point, I want to explore the possibility of adding either 3Shape or Exo CAD with a new CAM module. I would like to keep my Cares module for milling FDA 510k cleared Straumann cust abutment.

The question is : will my AG M series Straumann will allow to have another CAM software do the nesting successfully ? Should I reach out to AG directly and explore their cadcam software, what about 3Shape, who would you recommend ?

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
Ceramill mind recognizes your M-series without problems plug n play.
Reach out to AG or reseller many sell the cam software as a Standalone.
That way you get the best out of an otherwise great mill.
Don't bother waiting for Straumann / Cambridge solutions.

Cheers David

D

DrG

Reaction score
Ceramill mind recognizes your M-series without problems plug n play.
Reach out to AG or reseller many sell the cam software as a Standalone.
That way you get the best out of an otherwise great mill.
Don't bother waiting for Straumann / Cambridge solutions.

Cheers David
Thank you David, that's great news!

D

DrG

Reaction score
AG resellers are Zahn, Benco and Esthetics Professionals. Any other ?
Who has the best customer support ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...]Who has the best customer support ?
So glad to see that question. You're in the right frame of mind. Think also about distance if you'd need a on-site or ship fix.

Last edited:
Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
AG resellers are Zahn, Benco and Esthetics Professionals. Any other ?
Who has the best customer support ?
I couldn't even get a phone call back from Zahn for almost two weeks trying to buy an AG mill from them. Ended up getting in touch with Esthetic Professionals and bought it through them ,was very very happy with the whole customer service with EP.

D

DrG

Reaction score
Well, Its good to know. I reached out to Zahn a few days ago and no response. I reached out to Esthetic Professionals yesterday, was asked to explain my situation and question and request for a quote by email (why?) and have had no response yet. Anyone else distribute AG ?

D

DrG

Reaction score
Would a CAM like hyperdent or Millbox work ? I could use Exo or 3Shape.
Pointers are welcome.
Thanks

D

DrG

Reaction score
Jessee from EP said he reached out to AG USA. AG told him M series will not work with Ceramind.
Anyone here has that setup ?

idusdental

idusdental

Reaction score
I know I know, I was told (after the facts) that DWings is boggy and whatever...

I am happy with milling my Straumann cust abut, generating models and printing them on the RapidShape printer.
I can't nest temporary bridge PMMA (eggshell or pontics) that have been designed before tooth extraction for immediate loading.
I tried importing the file in meshmixer, extracting it digitally, then importing it into Cares, same thing happen in the nesting module, it throws some error message such as "NAC file not found". I spent numerous hrs with Straumann support escalating to DWings second tiers. They are clueless.
Enough for the ranting/intro. I was told Straumann will have a CAM bridge solution for 3Shape in Q4 of this year...let's see.
Anyhow, at this point, I want to explore the possibility of adding either 3Shape or Exo CAD with a new CAM module. I would like to keep my Cares module for milling FDA 510k cleared Straumann cust abutment.

The question is : will my AG M series Straumann will allow to have another CAM software do the nesting successfully ? Should I reach out to AG directly and explore their cadcam software, what about 3Shape, who would you recommend ?
I have same issue like you. Did you solve the problem? I m trying to connect m series machine to 3 shape or exocad.

D

DrG

Reaction score
No I did not.
M series should have a trios bridge sometimes this year.
AG doesn't want to be involved with my M series

idusdental

idusdental

Reaction score
No I did not.
M series should have a trios bridge sometimes this year.
AG doesn't want to be involved with my M series
Thanks for the reply. although I could solve this issue buying a new 7 series scanner from straumann but I'm afraid I will have same issues when that scanner become an old garbage. they will force me buying their product again. =/