new accufilms are crap

C

chia

Reaction score
hey has anyone noticed how terrible the new accufilms are? they keep breaking. why did they change their formula? can someone recommend a similar double sided red black tape that won’t break or tell me where i can buy the old accufilms?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It is made to a lesser quality, so you buy more often... Ciao

E

erykd1

Reaction score
hey has anyone noticed how terrible the new accufilms are? they keep breaking. why did they change their formula? can someone recommend a similar double sided red black tape that won’t break or tell me where i can buy the old accufilms?
Totally agree. Returned 2 packages before I realized this is how it's gonna be from now on... anyone have any recommendations?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Agree! Don't like them either. I dont have issues with them breaking, but they mark 'high spots' wayyy to easily... (Don't mock my precise clinical terminology... :cool: )

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was going to post a thread about this when I noticed the change, but wasn't sure if it was just me.

I used to be able to rip it into strips, lengthwise, to make narrower strips to use for marking and adjusting pontic saddles. Now it just tears randomly, cheaper "plastic".

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I used to be able to rip it into strips, lengthwise, to make narrower strips to use for marking and adjusting pontic saddles.
Right, another reason for not liking it!

user name

user name

Reaction score
For contacts I like Bausch Arti-Fol.

Occlusion I use black silk typing ribbon.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The Arti-Fol looks really hopeful for me. We can even get it on Amazon, double sided or single sided.

Also, a Creative idea as far as the typing ribbon.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
The Arti-Fol looks really hopeful for me. We can even get it on Amazon, double sided or single sided.

Also, a Creative idea as far as the typing ribbon.

You'll like it. Similar to old school accufilm

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hardly ever use it anymore, have to ration the little I have left.
I use red pencil for adjacents, and Tanaka paste for occlusion. The tissue between the film is more useful to double check
the adjacents. Wink

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Why do some of you use Arti-fol for contacts, but something different for occlusions, typing ribbon, Tanaka paste, Butterfly Silk?
Does the Arti-fol (or todays Accufilm) smudge, or leave to much ink false positives when checking the occlusion?

Top Bottom