New 3Shape Scanners

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
D710 has a turntable to place multiple dies into for the detail scan - handy for really big jobs - but actually slows the time per scan, however, you remove all the dies from the model in one go and let the machine get on with it - so it's faster overall and you get a few mins to your self with no interaction required.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
I bet the improved camera will make it more accurate. They could also make the scanning area a little larger.....

As I understand it the improved camera resolution is for multi implant bars to improve accuracy - for a C & B Lab who has just bought the D700 - I would not fret - you will be fine with your choice - by the time you are doing enough big milled bars you can afford a second scanner anyway.

Not sure why you would want a larger scan area, Charles - never had an arch we could not accommodate in the D700 - cant say the same for some of the other scanners we have had in.

2012 Software - which everyone will get irrespective of scanner model

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHBDlO-iNJU[/YOUTUBE]

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The D710 comes with a plate that allows you to scan several dies (I think about 8) at a time. If you are designing thimbles this provides a faster scan solution. Otherwise, it is the same as the D700. It does come in handy at times.